What If Jehovah's Witnesses Are Right?

by shamus 82 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Yeah... what *IF* the end of the world happens tomorrow? Good question.

As I recall there have been countless thousands of people who have predicted the end of the world throughout all of history... and I'm sure since before recorded history too. In all of these predictions I have noticed ONE thing in common... They were all wrong.

I'm not worried.

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

Excuse me for my frankness to the OP, but all I can say is you must not have been "out" for very long. People who've been enmeshed in the WTS and have come fully out really don't entertain such thoughts about "what if they had been right."

There are so many things going on in the world, and there are so many other concerns that occupy normal, reasonable people, that honestly, few people who are really "out" don't even give the JW cultists Armageddon..."we are the only ones who will survive" mentality a second thought. Trust me, you'll get there.

Blacksheep

Out n' free for 20 years.

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82

i thought it was supposed to be a joke...:shrug:

• SloBoy
    SloBoy

Dannybear, well said.....in case anyone isn't sure..

"IT'S TOO LATE FOR JW'S TO BE RIGHT!!!".

• gumby
    gumby
    Re: What If Jehovah's Witnesses Are Right?

What if your poop doesn't REALLY stink?

Gumby

• shamus
    shamus

Um, I don't even entertain that they are "right". I am asking a hypothetical question for entertainment purposes only. I am also seeing what other people think about the matter... let;'s just say that wham, it happened. I, along with most would be unrepentant and would not want to live in this "story book fable" of life on earth everlasting eating fruit naked playing with furry fuzzy grizzly bears, end of story.

Excuse me for my frankness to the OP, but all I can say is you must not have been "out" for very long. People who've been enmeshed in the WTS and have come fully out really don't entertain such thoughts about "what if they had been right."
  • gumby
    gumby
    Um, I don't even entertain that they are "right". I am asking a hypothetical question for entertainment purposes only.

I know bud.....I was answering to the whole bunch

Gumby

• Robdar
    Robdar

I, along with most would be unrepentant and would not want to live in this "story book fable" of life on earth everlasting eating fruit naked playing with furry fuzzy grizzly bears, end of story.

Being naked and playing with furry, fuzzy, grizzly bears while eating fruit sounds like a really good time to me. I just don't want the JW there too. That would harsh my buzz.

Robyn

• Brummie
    Brummie
    What If Jehovah's Witnesses Are Right?

Then at least I will die laughing my head off at the audacity of God.

Brummie

• kitties_and_horses_oh_my!
    kitties_and_horses_oh_my!

I've thought about that on occasion, but in my heart - even when I was a JW - I knew Armaggedon was never coming. Sometimes I'd hope for it, but I knew it was just some bizarre fantasy. Still, I preached and studied and tried to believe. It's a blessing to not have this constant battle inside myself of knowing something is wrong and yet trying to convince yourself that what you've been taught is right despite all evidence to the contrary. Actually, that reminds me of a book I'm reading on abusive parents. It says that abused children are taught to distrust their senses. Things should turn out one way by every logical conclusion, and yet time and again they're taught that what they can see and feel are wrong. It's devestating to the child and leaves them severely lacking in confidence. I think the society is the same - an abusive parent.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit