What If Jehovah's Witnesses Are Right?

by shamus 82 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• shamus
    shamus

The "What If" thing comes to mind... no matter how much I strongly believe that they are not, what IF armageddon happened tomorrow and they were correct? Would you have any sorrow for being wrong???

I, personally would not. I would not want to live in a world of such un-loving people and hypocritical self-rightcheous people.... would you? Would you recant your beliefs if this happened?

Of course, the mind control cult is not... I'm just saying, what if??????

• Odrade
    Odrade

I don't know, I finally came to the conclusion that if this system was 6 weeks, 6 months or 60 years, I wanted to be happy. I wasn't happy there.

So if Armageddon comes, and I die, I'll be dead anyways and not know it. But I would have had a good life in the meantime.

• Scully
    Scully

I'm going to paraphrase what someone who used to post here said:

If JWs are correct and god is using those people to represent him,
    then god sure is a dumb piece of $h!t. -
    mindchild, circa 2001

Love, Scully

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

Then I would sooner die standing up for the things I believe and the God I believe in rather than serving a god who would kill millions of good people who live the best life they can every day along with innocent babies who committed no sin other than being born on the wrong side of Armagedon to non jw parents.

Jackie

• MrsQ
    MrsQ

Yeah, I personally feel like I am a better person that the 'god' of the JW's. I can't accept that. The God I believe in is infinitely better than I am. All powerful, all-knowing. He doesn't require people to accomplish his 'plan', He is not 'jealous' or 'angry' or any of these silly human emotions. I have a greater capacity to forgive than their god. He's a big jerk who plans on destroying the earth just because people don't want to listent to a bunch of uneducated, ineffective zealots.

If JW's are right, and Jehovah IS who they say he is...I don't want to worship Him. He's not really that great of a god.

Q.

• shamus
    shamus
    Then I would sooner die standing up for the things I believe and the God I believe in rather than serving a god who would kill millions of good people who live the best life they can every day along with innocent babies who committed no sin other than being born on the wrong side of Armagedon to non jw parents.

Well said. I would not want to serve a god who uses such a horrible religion that causes divisions amongst people, mind control, etc. to achieve his / her goals.

We all know that god is not like that... it doesn't say anywhere in the bible that god is not love... that he is a mind-control evil person...

Shamus.

• kls
    kls

If the jws are wright, then God must really hate his people to let them rape,lie,and steal and tare apart families and let innocent people die with out blood transfusions, then death is better.

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

If they are right, I will die. I will probably piss my pants while being killed, but at least I will die knowing I was true to my own beliefs.

-

And the world shall tremble in the wake of the Blue Bubblegum
    Dutch District Overbeer

• maxwell
    maxwell

Basically, I agree with everyone here. When I left, I wrote a letter to my parents explaining that I don't see evidence for a God. I said that if I was wrong, I would have the same ultimate end that I expect now. I expect to die someday. That is what has been happening as long as there have been people on the earth. That's exactly what JW's say is going to happen to me.

If there is some utopian afterlife as defined by JW, I am unwilling to participate in the blind unreasonable behavior necessary to attain it.

• blondie
    blondie

I would rather be dead than live a 1,000 years (let alone forever) with the crap that goes on at the KH.

Blondie (circa 1990)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit