Who's To Blame For The Child Abuse Problem?

by Englishman 68 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Englishman
    Englishman

Just trying to get my head around this one.

With the jailing last week of a London dub paedophile, I was wondering:

Is it the religion itself that gives these perverts the feeling that they are invincible and immune from punishment when they commit these acts?

Or is it that the witness set-up in general provides an attractive haven for persons who have paedophile tendencies any way?

Or is it that the sexually inhibiting nature of witness life causes these people to go "off their heads" and commit these acts?

There must be some "common factor(s)" somewhere that these people are operating from. I wonder if it's possible to identify some of theses factors?

Any idea's, anyone?

Englishman.

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

This type of crime is oblivious to all socio, religious & economic background - they're EVERYWHERE (church, boy scouts, schools, family etc. etc.)

I don't think the WBTS has a "greater" problem....although they're supposed "brotherhood" would lean most to believe that any amongst their midst are "good guys" with whom they could trust their lives, and their children.

The WBTS' problem comes in their handling of these cases, and how they have allowed (much as the Catholic church) their members NO knowledge that there is a problem, that their members must take the necessary precautions. So afraid are they of bringing unwanted bad attention on themselves, and I think more importantly, more afraid of having any of their members find out they have the same problems as any other religions. They've spent way to much time pointing their fingers at the world and saying "see how they are different - see how we ARE NOT like them" when in sad reality, they are just as bad, and to some extent worse.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

It's not just in the Borg, Mike. The church organisations are all "suffering" for their misguided treatment of the issue. ...Not that these perverts are only found in religious places of course...

Cheers, ozzie

• blondie
    blondie

I have to agree that sexual abuser's are found in many religious groups and outside based on my work where I live that abusers choose situations where they have easy access to children, where they are trusted.

Clergy, teachers, law enforcement or court officials, sports (such as coaches), day care or similar facilities, groups such as the Boy Scouts or Girl Scouts, but also the helpful next door neighbor or her husband, etc. It cuts across economic lines too. A poor person is not more likely to be an abuser.

But the sad fact is the abuser is most likely to be the natural parent or someone else in the parent role.

According to the American Humane Association, the natural parent was the major abuser (42 percent of the cases), but other relatives accounted for much of the sexual abuse (23 percent). Other close people, such as adoptive and foster parents, as well as step-parents, accounted for (35 percent) of sexual abuse cases. Despite newspaper reports concerning sexual abuse in daycare centers and of children being abused by strangers, these abusers make up a small number of cases. In addition, the American Humane Association found that the abuser was usually male (82.4 percent of the time).
    Blondie
  • jst2laws
    jst2laws

I agree with the above, all religions, communities, organizations have the problem.

The reason the WT is reprehensible is the way they handle it. They have an arrogant confidence that everything they do is righteous because "God" is behind them and guiding them. The world is limited by their worldly wisdom and the direction from the GB comes from God. They say to themselves:

1 We are superior in justice

2 We are superior in wisdom

3 We forgive sins and handle matters privately (secretly)

4 We don't have a clue about the dangers of repeat pedophilia, nor do we respect children.

The problem started with 'theocratic' arrogance coupled with ignorance of pedophilia.

Now that they are exposed and on the run it is no longer ignorance but EVIL.

Jst2laws

• cat1759
    cat1759

Who does this child come into contact with first? Parents, extended family, religion just allows the pedophile to mature and to take victims himself.

Then when all is said and done they can become part of a vast network and never be found out. A seedling on fertile ground that grows and if no weed killer is used they could keep on molesting.

Parents raise children to be kind and polite. To trust others even if the child feels there is something wrong with the person, the child starts to question their own soul and to not trust their own intution. Then the child goes to the hall and is asked to trust everyone. To respect their elders. The ground is fertile for the taking.

Cathy

• rocketman
    rocketman
    The WBTS' problem comes in their handling of these cases,
    They've spent way to much time pointing their fingers at the world and saying "see how they are different - see how we ARE NOT like them" when in sad reality, they are just as bad, and to some extent worse

Exceelent points pettygrudger, and as I think will become a recurrent comment on this thread, it's the handling of this matter by the WTS that has been the problem.

• Farkel
    Farkel

The minute any pedophile finds out about the "two witnesses" rule in dubland and the nearly 100% haven it offers for sickos, that pedophile is eager to have a "free home Bible study" and become a member.

Bill Bowen was absolutely right when he said "it's a pedophile paradise." If society is rife with pedos (and it is) and if dubs are the only religious group which nearly guarantees that pedos can get away scott-free with their predations, and even if charged won't likely be convicted or prosecuted, and if dubs sincerely believe that such a problem doesn't exist in their faith, then what better place would there be for a pedo to be than in the "true religion" which speaks for God?

Farkel

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Pettygrudger,

SO TRUE! "When you point the finger at others, there are three pointing right back at you."

• gumby
    gumby

With all the pedophiles in the world.....and the media exposing how the W.T. society protects them, ......you have to wonder......how many are now studying and trying to get in the Organisation?

Perhaps a backround check BEFORE baptism is in order. Nah!.....the pedo would say..."that was the old me" and it would be dropped.

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit