Who's To Blame For The Child Abuse Problem?

by Englishman 68 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• waiting
    waiting

Hello core,

What about the pedophiles who DO finally accept what they've done? Whether they're sorry or not is a different matter.....but on a level.....they know. Some men actually do admit they abused a child/children. Where do they fit in your equation?

There was a program on H20 (last year?) about a father molester who raped all his children - 4 or 5 - their whole childhood, the mother knew, she just had a hard time accepting it. All his children confronted him, one had written a book, and they had gotten H20 to do the show. The children were all damaged. He refused to acknowledge his actions. He was not deluding himself - all his children were convinced he absolutely knew & remembered. He came near to spitting on them like dogs....lol - from his wheelchair, and he was NOT senile, just ill health. He just refused. He was just an evil man.

Some sociopaths aren't delusional, they know what they're doing......they just think they have the right to do it. They know there's laws against some of their actions...they just feel they're above that law. ie - Ted Bundy.

I believe what we have is talking over different types of pedophiles. Pork Chop wrote of one kind - situational molesters. You write of men who either delude themselves or are true sociopaths who are out of the realm of seeing themselves within social laws. I write of men who damned well know what they're doing.....and they don't care.

From all that I've read, Pork Chop's and your definitions fit the vast majority of molesters. As long as the statements are qualified, no problem with me.

Thank you - and thank you for your kind private message.

waiting

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

great experiences and quotes everyone, now my two cents ..........

I believe that they (pedo's) are everywhere, in all walks of life and religion, now do some religions make it easier than others ??? probaly, do some people let their guard down because someone is the same religion as them ??? yes.

This is one area (thank god) I never experienced, and maybe my whole time as a JW (20 years), heard a couple of RUMOURS, and nothing else. Never knew anyone that was molested or claimed to be.

But, the point that intrigues me the most about all the cases is ( and I am not downplaying the acts, and I DO feel for all that were molested, I think all the molesters should have their ---- cut off and tied to a tree and shot.) did the Watchtower KNOWINGLY coverup cases and or transfer suspected molesters to other congregations ??? If the answer is yes, (the impression I'm getting), then like Romans 1:32 (I believe, correct me if i'm wrong) where it says, "to the very least, although you did not commit, but helped those who did, you are just as bad as the ones who commited the act."

(Could someone please post the New World Translation of this scripture ???)

• Odrade
    Odrade

Rom 1:32 "Although these know full well the righteous decree of God, that those practicing such things are deserving of death, they not only keep on doing them but also consent with those practicing them."--NWT

There definitely is an element of "hushing up" crimes against children. The most probable and common reason being not to "bring reproach on Jehovah's name." The so-called integrity of the Organization and it's chosen position of God's instrument of dispensing spiritual food is sacrosant, above any personal consideration that may enter into dealing with the innocent victims. An attitude of "the needs of many outweigh the needs of the few," prevails.

Odrade

• Francois
    Francois

I am with you Farkel. Donkey, democrat, whatever, you are in terrible error I'm afraid. Some here know that I was in a long, long relationship with an ex-JW woman who had been ritually abused. Her story and that of Pat Garza's were very, very similar on every point. Just because it's hard for you to believe, because it exceeds perhaps what you want to believe, does not make it false. It's to your credit that you don't believe such things are possible as it speaks to your own decency. But believe me, it happens. It happens all the time. And it's sickening.

And remember this, friends, virtually EVERY ABUSER WAS ABUSED AS A CHILD THEMSELVES. It's where they learned it was normal behavior. They're just passing it on.

f

PORK CHOP - You're way, way off the mark. With any luck, you're not a county sheriff or anything where your odd beliefs could really cause someone to get hurt. I urge you to go study up on the topic man, as you're deadly wrong.

• Farkel
    Farkel

pork chop,

: This is a pretty good thread except for Farkel and gumby's lunacy.

Sorry, but simple assertions don't carry any weight with me and any sane person who can reason. Present a real and reasoned argument against what I argued and we'll see what "lunacy" actually is. My claims were properly couched and I was honest about what I know, and I also said the truth when I had no facts about what I've heard. Is that "lunacy" in your world? If so, let the good times roll! Let's play!

By the way, if you don't do that and if you don't retract your outlandish claim, I will let you (and the world) know.

Farkel

• waiting
    waiting
    And remember this, friends, virtually EVERY ABUSER WAS ABUSED AS A CHILD THEMSELVES. It's where they learned it was normal behavior. They're just passing it on. - francois

Definitive statements would do well with proof to back them up. May I have recently published proof that "virtually EVERY ABUSER WAS ABUSED AS A CHILD THEMSELVES"?

There was a study done on approx. 18 death row inmates. Not all of them had been sexually abused (as was thought) - but all of them came from family backgrounds of massive violence. More than anything else - violence begets violence. But I don't think it's been proven that sex abuse automatically begets sex abuse.

waiting

• willy_think
    willy_think

The people responsible within the WT, as in any other group practicing policies that protect child abusers, are the policy makers. That is to say, the people responsible for setting policies and insuring that the policies are implemented and run as they were designed to are responsible.

Never forgetting the personal responsibility of the party or parities involved.

• donkey
    donkey
    because it exceeds perhaps what you want to believe, does not make it false. It's to your credit that you don't believe such things are possible as it speaks to your own decency. But believe me, it happens. It happens all the time. And it's sickening.

Francois,

Actually no you are incorrect. I believ ALL things are possible. However, I have no reason to believe spectacular claims without evidence. My decency or lack thereof has nothing to do with it. I am just trying to be objective.

From what I recall of the second hand stuff on the web Pat Garza not only claimed she was abused by Ted Jackass ( a proven fact) but she claimed there were Satanic Rituals also.

What is a Satanic Ritual? What did she mean by that?

I have no time for Ted or any of the other WT boys but until I see evidence or until it is proven in a court of law then I question it. That's how things work. Innocent until proven guilty - the same standard we demand for ourselves is the right of everyone. If Ted is proven guilty then put a bullet in his lousy skull and be done with him (I feel that way about all pedophiles...they don't get a second chance under the Donkey justice system since they have destroyed the life of a child).

Jack

• core
    core
    then put a bullet in his lousy skull and be done with him (I feel that way about all pedophiles...they don't get a second chance under the Donkey justice system since they have destroyed the life of a child).

Donkey - yes I am with you on that . my earlier comments re paedophiles refusing to accept their behaviour, not seeing themselves as guilty etc, do not change the penalty they deserve. You say they have destroyed the life of a child. I know from experience how true that is ..a robbery can be forgotten, goods replace, one victim said to me that she would have preferred to be murdered as when you are dead you cannot suffer the emotional traumas that are with victims always. No penalty is sufficient. As regards the WT which so often turns the victim into the victimised by its lunatic policies re confidentiality etc - those responsible - from the top down to all elders - stand condemned before God for their part or simple acceptance of this situation. As a former elder I am ashamed that I supported the organisation which now puts abusers rights above justice and the rights of the abused. Englishman started this topic re a man gaoled for 12 years (I think it was 12) - yet the British justice system will see him out in 5 - 6 years - social services will rehouse him and support him. WHat of the victim (or victims - I do not have any details to hand) Who will support them - they will not "get out" in 5-6 years - they are scarred for life.

Donkey you have said it all - put them down as you would a mad dog

• Englishman
    Englishman

I do recall my PO Dad saying that, in his opinion, many JW wrongdoer's thought processes were actually "compartmentalised". He went on to say that some could counsel against a certain course of conduct, but would then personally commit the offences that they had just preached against without seeing anything wrong at all.

I just wonder if some paedophiles who do all this "grooming" of youngsters still see themselves as children, it's as though a part of them has failed to develop. It's what HL describes as the "half-baked" personality, like a loaf of bread that has risen on just one side, so that the other half of the brain can't comprehend the terrible wrongs that are being done.

When I was very young and living in Farnworth, Lancashire, one of my school pals was mudred by a sex maniac. This info was hidden from us, however, I became aware of what had happened years later when a newspaper aricle featured the case. It seemed that the murderer actually struggled to wear the murdered childs own clothes, and it was the location of these items that eventually led to an arrest.

Englishman

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit