Final Prediction on Election

by minimus 131 Replies latest jw friends

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Not only am I having to listen to this tune today and for days & weeks to come til Christmas:

IT'S BEGINNING TO LOOK A LOT LIKE CHRISTMAS!

...but many of my neighbors are putting up blue instead of clear Christmas lights around their homes...what's up with that! :) :)

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@frozen:

Good lord. Maybe, to start, no more mail-in ballots. It’s fine if you go the absentee ballot route - where you request a ballot, they send it to you, you fill it out, get it certified, then send it back, signatures are compared, and postmarks are verified. Those are OK - especially for troops.

But these mail-in ballots were just sent out to everyone, multiples arriving at the same address, to dead people, to animals. Then all the safeguards were disabled. The postmark check was disregarded, no signature check, they changed the rules so that if any ballot shows up, it should be counted - with no concern about how it got there or who really filled it out.

Such a giant cluster fork. And the thing that chaps my ass : we all knew this could happen. We hoped it wouldn’t be this close.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@JW Gone Bad: Good for you. It’s fitting that you would think of it as Christmas.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

MeanMrMustard...It's not me...it's my neighbors...I'm surrounded by the color blue! :) :)

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@JW Gone Bad:

Its a leftist Christmas. Good for you.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

With every passing election I find myself leaning more and more to the concept of sortition. Better to be ruled by random people picked from a phone book...

sortition? That’s a new word for me! As in The Sorting Hat???

• Funky
    Funky

As of a few minutes ago, Trump's lead in Georgia is down to 665 votes.

Repetition for emphasis:

Get used to saying it: President-elect Biden

Washington Post: The Secret Service is sending reinforcements to Wilmington starting Friday to help protect Joe Biden as his campaign prepares for the possibility he may soon claim victory in his bid for the White House, according to two people familiar with the plans.

• glow
    glow

Biden ahead in Georgia by 1096 votes now and the remaining votes are likely to lean dem.

Trump is lost. The talk about Florida, lawsuits, and so on are just a form of self-therapy where he settles into the story he will tell himself and everyone willing to listen for the rest of his life.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

And what difference will whoever wins make to the rest of us outside the US?

• TD
    TD

In my state, (AZ) mail in ballots had to be formerly requested in writing with a valid phone number and 3d barcode of your driver's license or equivalent ID. Dropping off a ballot or voting in the traditional fashion also required a phone number and ID with the additional check of a living, breathing person comparing the picture on the ID to your smiling face.

There were grumblings yesterday about voter fraud in AZ, (Mostly by people who don't understand the huge differences between the Latino population here and the one in Florida) but we did it right this time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit