Hi, all...I'm a faithful JW who is sick of lies about us

by James Donalds 76 Replies latest jw experiences

• moreconfusedthanever
    moreconfusedthanever

I don't think you can refer to yourself as one of "us" as you are not living your life as "spirit directed" ones demand you live to be one of them.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

James Donalds

Troll,troll,troll your boat gently down the stream merrily,merrily,merrily on your way.....

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut
    We are NOT mindless automatons. I smoke an occasional cigar. I've been known to curse a bit. Hell, I even vote. Others in my congregation know all this (except the voting) and I've never been given a hard time about it. Many of us ARE highly educated. I have a Masters Degree.We are not all scraping to get by. I have a comfortable six-figure income

You forgot to mention that even though you admire the governing body, you disregarded their admonition to avoid higher education. If you met them in person you'd probably also hide the fact that you smoke the occasional cigar and visit apostate websites and post comments there as well.

I don't think JW's are mindless drones at all. The problem I have is that most of them are like you. They know on some level that what they believe isn't altogether true or provable so they reconcile this reality with the real world by making an appearance of listening and obeying while secretly picking and choosing which of the governing body admonitions they are going to completely disregard. While doing this, they readily shun former JW's who are actually honest about who they are and the lives they want to lead. This includes cutting ties with close friends and family members who were disciplined for doing the exact same things you have done but they chose to admit that they disagree with the governing Body's direction on certain matters rather than hide it.

Rather than just go away and go their separate ways, they harrass us, make videos maligning us, endlessly whine about us and even go so far as to disrupt our meetings. If I decided to leave the JW's, I'd do just that. I wouldn't obsess over them.

Most former JW's would love noting more than to go away but they've lost their entire family and support system to the religion. They are hoping to salvage what they can of their lives by alerting others to the things they now know about the organization.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

You are either a fuc#ing troll, or worse, a fuc$ing hypocrite.

If you are a JW in so-called "good standing" in your congregation, and yet do things that, out here in the real world are normal, but make you "bad association" as a JW, then you are a hypocrite.

Smoking (uncleanness), voting (not neutral), on a known apostate website (bad association), getting a Masters Degree (not listening to the counsel about education from your precious Governing Body, some of those cocky assholes I have personally met....Left, Herd. )

Either way, you are wasting our time and yours. Give that Uncle Tom Sam Herd and Rubber Face Steve Lett my love....not.

Snakes (Rich)

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

You may think that but do you like being lied to? Do you like an organization that has policies in place that help to destroy the lives of young one that have been sexually abused? And what about policies like those of blood transfusions that tell people not to have blood but then turn around and say you can have cow blood. You can sugar coated all you want and say it’s really no big deal if people want to quit just go away and stop complaining but what about those of us that have family that are victims of this cult?

• Alive!
    Alive!

I was a convert.

I moved mountains to conform my life, to become a 'witness'....I faced family opposition....you can imagine.

And your boastful claims repulse me.

So you are a 'faithful witness?'

Really?

You smoke a cigar?

And you brazenly come to a place where perhaps spiritually weakened witnesses gather, lurk and read and you boast about 'people knowing about your little cigar habit and its OK'....and then you claim you are a faithful witness?

Oh and you curse sometimes. How jolly.

And you vote? In your faithfulness you vote? Sweet!

How thoughtful and caring of you as a 'faithful JW' to present yourself as a normal witness....

Don't make me laugh.

You earn a six figure income?

Yeah well, so did I in the hay-days of my career.

You think that makes you an intelligent thinker?

My observation of folk is that it just means you earn a six figure income - not a guarantee that you are an intelligent thinker.

I've hung around enough high earners like my younger self to know it means zilch. It just means you can earn good coin and possibly street smart/savvy.

You go against the direction of men who claim to lead Jehovah's chosen people and you boast about it?

The problem my dear is that the ranks are riddled with two facers like you ( and yes let's face it, your actions are somewhat two faced aren't they? ....and twits like me were taken in by your nice clean facade.....)

Sorry if this is harsh, I'm usually sweetness and light.

But you know what? Your post royally pissed me off.

Think about it. And think about who you are and what you really stand for.

Apologies for the meaness of my words, I'll probably regret it and then angst over it.

But, I don't know - perhaps a wake up call as to how you really appear won't hurt.

People like you were serpents towards folk like myself, ultimately.

Perhaps you are not of that ilk. I hope not.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Do you believe this guy? .... I don't. If others in the cong. Knew he smoked, flags would go up, elders informed and he gets the knock at the door.

Of course dubs curse at times under pressure.. they just avoid it in conversation and regret doing it.

Lots of oldies are unhapppy with the current direction of things....but they have to keep quiet and admire " The king's new clothes '

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Have you invited the elders to share a few scotches and a cigar with you while you tell them you don't agree with everything the GB does? If not I recommend you do then get back to us.

As for being sick of the so-called by you "lies" would you like us to call the wambulance for you?

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer
    Hi all...I'm a faithful JW...

No you're not.

Troll,troll,troll your boat gently down the stream merrily,merrily,merrily on your way.....

Nicely put brother Smiddy!

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer
    Oops, duplicate post.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit