The Scientific Method

by cofty 83 Replies latest social humour

• cofty
    cofty

The mere fact that you ask about the discovery of new theories shows that you don't understand your own objection.

Not sure if you are obtuse or trolling?

• captaingrl
    captaingrl

cofty: there are theories in science no? sometimes they are discovered no? it makes sense to ask how many were discovered about 100 years ago and how many in the past 20 years no?

you also got an almost phd or are you a mortal like the rest of us lol

• DJS
    DJS

Princess,

You started this when you came onto this site with your arrogance, your high school diploma, your boring lame-ass life and your slavish devotion to the Far Right web sites you adore.

Don't bring a knife to a gun fight, sweetie. If you had bona fides we would have learned about them multiple pages ago.

• cofty
    cofty

No theories are not discovered. Facts are discovered. Theories are meta-narratives that explain facts, laws and observations. They are constructed and have enormous explanatory power. 99.9999% of science is the hard work of discovering the little details that lead incrementally to progress. That process continues to develop exponentially.

Your lack of knowledge of that progress tells us something about your intellectual laziness but nothing at all about science.

• captaingrl
    captaingrl

DJS: hop along now

cofty:

No theories are not discovered. Facts are discovered

thanks for enlightening me with your smugness. now will you please send an email to these idiots:

It was pondering these developments that led Einstein to discover the special theory of relativity in 1905.

http://www.pitt.edu/~jdnorton/teaching/HPS_0410/chapters_2017_Jan_1/origins_pathway/index.html

care to discuss the substance???

• DJS
    DJS

CaptainGirl,

Denigrating others' bona fides is a standard MO (that's Method of Operation, Princess) employed by CTs, since they typically have NO bona fides. Thank you for verifying my assertion about you. Damn, you are easy. And I don't even have to call you in the morning (I DON'T have to call you in the morning, do I?).

Keep this up and I will have to start calling you my bitch.

• captaingrl
    captaingrl

DJS, please have your pissing match with cofty who apparently don't have a phd either.

"bitch". lol. the triggering intensifies!

• WhatshallIcallmyself
    WhatshallIcallmyself

"...care to discuss the substance???" - CG

You should read your own resources first; that does seem to be a common ailment with creationists and the like, insofar that when they link to something other than creationist webshite nonsense their links actually say something other than they assert...

Case in point; from your link:

"It was pondering these developments that led Einstein to discover the special theory of relativity in 1905. The discovery was not momentary. The theory was the outcome of, in Einstein's own reckoning, seven and more years of work..."

The original paper actually highlights and enlarges the bold text I've added; how did you miss this in the original?

You, captaingrl, clearly (very clearly) have no understanding of how things work in science. You pretend that you do and try to buoy that notion up with words (theory) that you clearly (very clearly) do not understand. You then get ridiculed.

• captaingrl
    captaingrl

what on earth is that quote supposed to disprove???

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    what on earth is that quote supposed to disprove???

Basically, it disproves you

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit