The Scientific Method

by cofty 83 Replies latest social humour

• cofty
    cofty

Dunning - Kruger effect.

• captaingrl
    captaingrl

thanks for knocking over that strawman!

none of you guys are addressing my question lol.

we got to epigenetics... forgive me for thinking the discovery of DNA was more important!

• WhatshallIcallmyself
    WhatshallIcallmyself

"none of you guys are addressing my question" - CG

We have. You just aren't aware that we have...

Be honest with yourself (unless you are trolling...) about your level of knowledge on this subject...

• captaingrl
    captaingrl

this is like playing chess with a pigeon. It will shit on the board and strut around like it has won...

My contention was there were few new theories (that were true) these days. This claim has been met with a lot of examples of INCREMENTAL discovery and a bunch of guys saying I am an idiot.

I have no time for such foolishness.

• captaingrl
    captaingrl

and yeah, I bet all of you guys have a degree in quantum gravity, so sorry for butting into your learned discussion with my unlettered opinion lol!

• DJS
    DJS

CaptainGirl has shown herself to be a Far Right Wing Conspiracy Theorist Nut Job. She parrots everything that she reads on the Far Right Fake News websites. My bet is she loves Breitbart and The Drudge Report more than pie with ice cream. They both routinely espouse the same anti-science, Marxists are taking over our colleges nonsense.

CG, Rush, Hannity, Michael Savage, Steve Bannon and Matt Drudge would be proud of you. They wind you up, and like an obedient little brain dead drone you visit public spaces and spew their nonsense.

As for the Marxists in college, yes, some are there. About 3% of college profs profess to be Marxists. Drudge would have you believe they run the joints. They do not. For several years I was an adjunct prof at 2 local colleges and vetted to teach at a third. The only reason I'm not still teaching at those colleges is my job often requires extensive travel. I've also hung around a lot of academics during the past decades. At no time have I heard Marxist leaning thoughts from any administrator or prof. That is fake news spread by the Far Right, and you lap it up like the obedient little dog they have trained. I don't doubt that Marxist leaning thoughts are prevalent in a FEW colleges and universities, but the Far Right cherry picking fake news media would have you believe they are everywhere. They are not.

What you will find is that the majority of academics are liberal, typically much more so than the general population. THAT is what rankles the Far Right, and they address the issue like they address all issues, with lies they repeat over and over and over. I will bet you are also a Birther who thinks that Obama is gay, had his gay lovers murdered, is a Muslim, that Clinton had has friends and cohorts murdered to ensure their silence, and every other Far Right lie that they keep repeating regardless of how many times they are debunked, investigated and proven false.

Good puppy.

• captaingrl
    captaingrl

completely OT ramblings... doesn't get close to answering my question.

go back and watch some more Clinton News Network and let the adults alone!

• DJS
    DJS

I have an MBA, working on a PhD, have been a college prof, traveled the world and know a lot about a lot. What are your bona fides, besides trolling internet sites and being addicted to Rush Limbaugh?

And, btw, thank you so very much for verifying my assertions re: Clinton. But don't hold back, Princess, spill all of it. Let's hear your rant about Obama and the rest of the Far Right Nut Job Whackadoodle Conspiracy Theorists.

I will accept your bow as the contrition and humility we have been waiting for. And, Princess, Einstein, Planck and every other scientist who has ever lived built on the work that came before them, and they were humble enough to acknowledge such.

Other than being the Queen of Portugal, Princess, you have established no bona fides for doing anything other than trolling and parroting.

Good puppy.

• captaingrl
    captaingrl

I am the king of Portugal sweetheart! The divine rights of kings are my credentials!

I bow for your mighty almost-a-PhD and acknowledge there has been a ton of new scientific theories the past decades as important as Einsteins which I have not heard about and which you cannot make yourself type out!

• DJS
    DJS

Come on Princess, let it all out.

Breitbart, Faux (Fox) News, Drudge, Savage, et all have the identical MO: They have never met a conspiracy theory they didn't love; They scour the news for ANY instance wherein:

Someone threatened their precious guns; someone threatened their precious jesus; some immigrant did something wrong; some far left college admin/prof said something leftish; due to their obsessions with all things Obama and Clinton they routinely trot out the same lame, tired, debunked stories and accounts from the recent and distant past as though they were newsworthy or valid, and some Muslim acted in any manner than might threaten them.

And they repeat it over and over and over. And you, Princess, lap it up like the trained puppy you are. Rinse and repeat.

Now, let me hear your Obama birther/Muslim/Gay/Murder stories. Let it out, Princess. You know you want to.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit