Where do you go to die?

by wasasister 82 Replies latest jw friends

• reagan_oconnor
    reagan_oconnor

wasa: EXACTLY!!

My parents recently made arrangements in case they are in an accident, one of them dies, etc. (Dad the PO and Mom the Reg. Pioneer). Of course, my younger, less-capable, less-intelligent sister will be responsible for raising my youngest sister and brother (who are both under 17) since she & her husband will raise the kids "in 'The Truth.'" I will, most likely, be called upon to render monetary support, which is no big deal, but it's just the idea.

Actually, I'm glad that they've made effort to make sure that the youngsters will be taken care of in case of DBFS ("death by field service.")

Sorry, I know it's morbid, but I'm just in a mood today...

--Reagan

"I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul."

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

expatbrit,

Crap, I'd forget my head if it wasn't bolted on!!

Slipnslideius Masterus: ... Strength and Honor ...

• Mommie Dark
    Mommie Dark

wasasis,
    (And wait a cotton-pickin minnit because you are STIll a sis only now you are a genuine free sis...

but I digress...)

over the years YK has proved he is incapable of thinking or speaking reasonably about anything. This topic is particularly apt to set his antennae twitiching; he is morbidly afraid of his own death, to the point of extreme denial, and urgently craves yours and mine. This potent combination of bloodlust and fear, combined with his deep need to be the center of attention at all costs, leads him to act like a horse's ass most of the time.

You can safely ignore him. He occasionally posts windy suggestions that this-or-that world event or imagined fiscal crisis will precipitate Jehoober's Day of Wroth before the end of April (or October, or whatever he's spouting this week). Other than that, everything he says is as you see here. Free speech demands that even a horse's ass gets to fart in public if he wants. Ho hum.

• wasasister
    wasasister

Mommy Dark:

Yes, I am STILL a sis, as my own siblings would remind me. I'm still not sure why I picked that nickname, but I digress.

I am quite familiar with YK's prophesies from my time at H2O. When I first began posting, I engaged him in a discussion, made some reasonable points only to have him resort to name-calling and question dodging. He would serve a useful purpose here if he represented the thinking of devout JW's, but he's not even close. It is likely that he hangs out on such "apostate" forums because he is so "out-there" no one in his own world will associate with him.

I ignore him in the same way I would a whining, annoying child. A distraction, but not worth the effort to respond.

BTW, I do enjoy your sense of humor. We have some friends in common.

Was/Is

• Farkel
    Farkel

: I'd like to know: if any of you could choose your funeral service, what would you decide? Perhaps you have already made arrangements...if so, would you share them?

I've already got that part figured out. I simply won't show up for mine. No one else will, either, so it's perfect!

Farkel

• Tina
    Tina

I've always wanted to tell YK something. I couldnt on h20,so here goes.
    YK you are a total hateful asshole,you always were and still are.

Carl Sagan on balancing openness to new ideas with skeptical scrutiny...."if you are open to the point of gullibility and have not an ounce of skeptical sense,you cannot distinguish useful ideas from worthless ones."

• JAVA
    JAVA

Epithet on YK's tombstone who died of old age:

The End Is Near

1914, 1918, 1919,
    Millions Now Living Will Never Die (1920),
    1925, 1975, before end of 20th century
    read The Watchtower for upcoming dates.

Don’t miss the Jehovah Murdering Billions program
    playing at a Kingdom Hall near you!

--JAVA
    ...counting time at the Coffee Shop

• You Know
    You Know

***YK you are a total hateful asshole,you always were and still are.***

LOL! Thanks darl'n. Since most apostates feel the same way about Jehovah, I'll try not to let it go to my head that you think I am so much like God. / You Know

• COMF
    COMF
    I am so much like God.

True enough. Neither of you has able to predict the date when the end is coming.

COMF

• outnfree
    outnfree

Back on topic, wasa -- (as I try really, really hard NOT to comment on any of YK's swill),

One of the first things I thought about after DA'ing myself in March, was "What will I do for a funeral?" This thinking was precipitated by the fact that my father-in-law had a[nother] stroke last October, and is confined to a nursing home and so my in-laws were really forced to think about their own funeral arrangements. I now know more than I wanted to about cemetary options-- double/single plots, grave liners, tombs, niches, niches with a view, indoor or out, etc.

I have decided that I want to be cremated. That really hasn't changed since when I was a JW. I would like to be laid out in a funeral home, leaving the decision on open or closed casket to the family left behind.

My main concern, was what kind of a funeral service? NOT a sterile, ad-campaign from the local WTS representative -- EVER! No comfort in it. None whatsoever. A Witness funeral was always depressing to me.

After reading CoC I thought it would be nice if I could find another ex-JW like Ray Franz to conduct a service for me. Because I saw myself as a monotheist and so a pastor "assigned" by the funeral home would likely misspeak.

Since then, I have had the experience of attending a Catholic Eastern Rite prayer service (Maronite, I believe) at a funeral parlor (there was also a funeral mass the next day.) The prayer service was, for those who still believe in the Bible and a resurrection to heaven, a wonderfully uplifting, hopeful, happy service, quoting appropriate Scriptures and involving the audience in response. There was a booklet passed out so that all could participate. Unfortunately, the priests gathered up the booklets and took them back after the service was complete. I have asked for a copy of the booklet, and think that this might be MY solution at this point in my life.

I think this choice would set well with my family and friends who have known me as religious but who aren't necessarily religious themselves, as it doesn't really require an ordained priest or minister to lead the service. Anyone could take on that role.

Alternatively, there is a Free Bible Student/Berean minister I have recently met who might be willing to step in once we know one another better and assuming I predecease him.

My best to you, wasasister, as you wisely, kindly and with foresight try to unburden your family from making decisions when under duress.

outnfree

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit