Where do you go to die?

by wasasister 82 Replies latest jw friends

• mommy
    mommy

Wassa,
    I understand your concern of how this thread swayed. But such is the way in a disussion board.

Ialways have thought that cremation was the way to go. I couldn't stand the thought of my stiff body with makeup poorly applied, would ever do justice to how I am in real life.

I lol at your comment of being stuffed There was a country song like that a few years ago, "Prop me up beside the jukebox when I die"
    Thanks for the laugh.
    wendy

PS. I just wanted to add one thing to YK comments of us accepting death. I agree we do, because we know that the BS the org gives is just that BS. Our lives are no longer temporary. We do not live minute by minute at the edge of our seats, waiting for the next meeting or "A" to hit. Our lives are so meaningful now, and we now have a purpose. Not just following blindly the blind. I feel really sorry for all the lives lost to this org. I also feel for those who never enjoyed this life.

• Undecided
    Undecided

Hi YK,

Glad to see you back. You give me peace from the doubts I may have had about leaving the borg. I now know that you, the WT Society, GB, clergy, pagans all have one thing in common, you all think you have some special revelation form a Great Force somewhere in the universe called God, the creator or whatever, when in fact it all comes from your demented mind that is starved for an answer to the hereafter.

Face the facts YK, you have no more special revelation than the natives in the backwoods of the jungles. Most humans try and quell their yearning for understanding the meaning of life with whatever sources they have, the bible, nature or whatever they perceive as coming from the "Creator". I have finally come to the realization that there is no such revelation in existance. Each religion, individual, or race of people make up their own philosophy of life as seen from the diversity of doctrine.

Enjoy each day of your life as honestly and loving as you can, as this is what brings happiness. As Faith Hill said in her song,"you don't get your money back." You are wasting your life if you expect to recieve it in the future.

Regards,

Ken P.

• You Know
    You Know

***Our lives are so meaningful now, and we now have a purpose***

Thanks for the laff lady. Dr Kevorkian had a purpose in life too. You know the guy? Dr. Death?... the retired pathologist turned serial killer that made house calls in his rusty van to dispatch people that weren't feeling very well? He added meaning to life by relieving others of their suffering. In the same way I suppose an apostate's purpose in life is to share their enlightened view of the joys of death. / You Know

• mommy
    mommy

YK,
    DR K is my hero! He allowed people to have freedom of choice. They no longer had to sit around and wait and suffer. They decided when their life would end and did so after saying their final goodbyes.

Actually have you ever seen someone suffer? I mean laying in bed, with no position of comfort to be found? In pain crying out for release from it. Day in and day out? Watching the look in your families eyes, as they try to do something to comfort you? Feeling more and more like a burden? I could go on, but after your previous talk, I can see you enjoy talkin of suffering and pain. Ths actually may be getting you excited.

You really have no idea about making your own choices, so this idea is foreign to you. I am sorry you are not able to make a decision on your own. It really is a fulfilling experience, one that most young adults feel as they leave home. But then again we all know about the people who live with their parents for the rest of their lives, and tend to overlook their comments due to lack of experience. YK you seem to fit in this description.
    wendy

• You Know
    You Know

***DR K is my hero!***

Why doesn't that surprise me? / You Know

• You Know
    You Know

***You give me peace from the doubts I may have had about leaving the borg***

And when ever I stop in at apostates dot com, I always go away with a deeper appreciation of just how precious true faith is. As the apostle noted, "faith is not a possession of all people." / You Know

• SlayerLayer
  • slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

I think that being laid out on a pyre then set adrift lit on fire would be one of the coolest ways to be sent to the next part of my journey.

I wonder where I could get a permit to have that done?

Slipnslideius Masterus: ... Strength and Honor ...

• wasasister
    wasasister

I wonder why YK reacts this way to people reasonably planning for their own demise. Certainly, even faithful JW's must understand they are not immune in this system from fatal sickness or accident. The loving thing to do is to ease the burden of your loved ones by planning for this eventuality. Not so long ago, most JW's did not even carry life insurance to provide for their families if they died, let alone have funeral arrangements made in advance. I saw many cases of a surviving spouse left without any means of support because the provider for the family was counting on the New System right around the corner.

I'm not one to dwell on death, and as I've said, I do not fear it. But it would be selfish for anyone to ignore the possibility and leave a grieving family to make all the decisions.

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Slip:

I think that being laid out on a pyre then set adrift lit on fire would be one of the coolest ways to be sent to the next part of my journey.

I recommend that dying precedes this process, however.

Expatbrit

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit