Where do you go to die?

by wasasister 82 Replies latest jw friends

• You Know
    You Know

***You missed the point: Millions of JWs put their faith in God through the Watchtower, believing the garbage that is spewed forth.***

No, you obviously missed the point. The Watchtower has helped millions to put faith in Jehovah. Obviously they were not successful in your case, and in the case of others who refuse to know Jehovah. Many, like yourself were mere followers of men, "Watchtowerites" I call them. And then, when it comes to your attention that the men you are following are not perfect as you had imagined, than you are stumbled. Your faith was entirely dependent upon the Watchtower. And indeed, no doubt, there are many like you whose faith will yet vaporize during the heat of Jehovah's judgment. But, that will be God's means of parting the wheat from the chaff. Some have merely been winnowed out prematurely, before the real threshing commences.

***Hmmm... how am I supposed to "know" God and have a relationship with Him if I “can’t understand” Him?***

You can understand him. You just can't understand how his judgments are going to be unveiled. That's why the Scriptures emphasis the importance of waiting on God. Remaining in faithful expectation is what Jesus expects of those who are his followers. At the time of the revelation of those judgments, then those who have been faithful will understand what God has concealed from them prior to that time.

***I don’t need a Society to dictate my relationship with God.***

That is basically what the arrogant Jews said about Christ and his apostles, and of course their arrogance lead them down a dead-end path. / You Know

• reagan_oconnor
    reagan_oconnor

Always an answer, but nothing of any worth.

• JAVA
    JAVA

You Know I asked a simple question; Name the religions God approves today? You answer by not answering with:

It is not possible to definitively answer that question for the simple reason that Jehovah has not expressed his judgment

The Society says they alone are God's Organization--you know that. They say all other religions are false religion--you know that. You're saying you can't answer my question until God murders billions of people, and the ones left standing wins the door prize. Wow, Hitler was a nice guy compared to the Watchtower God!

We've got all these little people in different parts of the world born into various religions, doing the best they can--waiting for God to murder billions to see if they pleased the Great Godfather or not. JWs, who have the only true religion, can't even be sure they'll make it because they missed a few meetings, didn't get in 10 hours last month, didn't underline the study article in The Watchtower, didn't sell place enough literature, didn't . . . well, You Know, you just can't ever do enought for the Watchtower God, can you?

I'm glad you're taking time away from your service to the Watchtower God and talking with us. However, I'm very concerned that the WT God will be angry because you're doing something the WT God told you not to do--talk with apostates (i.e., former JWs using their God-given brains). You better sell place more magazines next month and get in more hours to make up for the sin of talking with apostates. But you really don't know where you stand with the WT God, do you? Maybe the birds will be plucking your eyes out when "the son of man arrives." Yeah, better get out there and sell place more magazines, You Know--that WT carrot is always a little beyond reach for 122 years.

--JAVA
    ...counting time at the Coffee Shop

• You Know
    You Know

***The Society says they alone are God's Organization. They say all other religions are false religion.***

That's true. I happen to agree with them. But, the point is that it is just all talk until Jehovah weighs in on the controversy. I think the account about Jod illustrate fairly well how Jehovah sits back and just sort of lets folks argue it out for a while until he steps in a settles things. That was my point about Jehovah revealing his judgments in the near future.

***We've got all these little people in different parts of the world born into various religions, doing the best they can--waiting for God to murder billions to see if they pleased the Great Godfather or not.***

You truly are an ungodly buffoon; as the Psalmist describes apostates. You are totally cluless as to how this system is going to end according to Jehovah's judgments. I am quite certain that it would take a thermonuclear flash to dispell the dense darkness that prevades your thinking, which, not coincidently is on the horizon.

***The Watchtower,[/i] didn't sell place enough literature, didn't . . . well, You Know, you just can't ever do enought for the Watchtower God, can you?***

You are just flailing in the dark. Pity.

***However, I'm very concerned that the WT God will be angry because you're doing something the WT God told you not to do--talk with apostates***

As I said, you know nothing about Jehovah or his judgments, only what you have read in the Watchtower. In my case, when it comes to my pulling on the ol' apostate dog's chain, surely my loving Heavenly Father wouldn't forbid me a little wholesome entertainment from time to time? / You Know

• You Know
    You Know

***Always an answer, but nothing of any worth.***

What you really mean to say is that you are "always learning and yet never able to come to an accurate knowledge of truth."

/ You Know

• joelbear
    joelbear

Hi all,

To get us back on topic.

I want my funeral to be a celebration of my life. I want all my friends to bring pictures of the good times we had together and spend an evening remembering those good times.

In my opinion life is about two things, memories and friends. I hope to make many more good ones before I die, but if I die tomorrow I can honestly say I have had more than my fair share of both.

Creating good memories however small they may be is the stuff that life is made of.

nurturing hugs

Joel

• beroea
    beroea

If I have the choose I will be in the mountains and find a good place in the night and look at the sun coming up from the East in the morning. Then I will have some last word with my Creator and find a place not to be found.

beroea

• JAVA
    JAVA
    That's true. I happen to agree with them.

Well of course you agree with every little thing the WT says--you're not allowed to do otherwise, are you?

You truly are an ungodly buffoon;

There you go, using that JW theocratic language again. I guess when you're loosing an argument, name calling is the only thing to fall back on. Perhaps you could try intelligence next time around, but you'll need to get rid of the WT blinders before that can kick in.

You are totally cluless as to how this system is going to end according to Jehovah's judgments

Yeah, you've got me there. I'm just like the Watchtower Society; lets see 1914, 1918, 1919, 1925, 1975, before the end of the 20th century. Darn, we don't have a clue.

You are just flailing in the dark. Pity.

Yeah, it's nearly impossible staying in the ever changing light of the Watchtower. Got to check each issue of the WT to keep up on the light. BTW, what is the expiration date of each issue before the light goes out?

As I said, you know nothing about Jehovah or his judgments, only what you have read in the Watchtower.

But I thought Jehovah was using the Watchtower Society and it's official journal to keep His people in the light? First you tell me God wrote the Bible, but we can't understand it; now you're saying I don't "know nothing about Jehovah or his judgments" because I only read the WT. Wow--your WT God is a hard one to please!

In my case, when it comes to my pulling on the ol' apostate dog's chain, surely my loving Heavenly Father wouldn't forbid me a little wholesome entertainment from time to time?

Yeah, you're special You Know--the WT God is going to let you play with the little apostates before He murders billions for the crime of not associating with "wholesome" loving people like you. Thanks for visiting and entertaining yourself, but you better watch out with that self-gratification stuff--the WT God is always looking! I understand it causes blindness, also . . .

--JAVA
    ...counting time at the Coffee Shop

• You Know
    You Know

***But I thought Jehovah was using the Watchtower Society and it's official journal to keep His people in the light?***

The Watchtower gives people a basis for eventually coming to a complete understanding. Jehovah also conceals his truth until such time as He is ready to reveal it.

***First you tell me God wrote the Bible, but we can't understand it***

That should be obvious that you can't.

***now you're saying I don't "know nothing about Jehovah or his judgments" because I only read the WT***

Exactly, you are fairly thick-skulled, but I think you might be getting it. Perhaps if you took that helmet off you could get a little more blood flow to your brain. The point is: If Jehovah hasn't revealed all his judgments to his faithful slave then there is no way you are going to understand what God is up to. In fact the prophet Daniel says: "And no wicked ones at all will understand." Like I said, it is a beautiful thing that God has done. He allows monkeys like you to read his book and go off imagining you know a thing about the truth when in actuality you don't know anything. You gotta like Jehovah's sense of humor and style. / You Know

• Francois
    Francois

"You know" calls God's judgements and actions "unvieled," and then goes on to label those who disagree with him as ignorant.

Let's go through this one more time, like in the third grade: "I" before "E"... Perhaps he should pay attention to that lumber yard in his own eye before calling attention to the mote in the eye of his intellectual betters.

Personally, I vote to apply the George Bernard Shaw treatment to Mr. Know, as some have done with Mr. Hall: the ultimate expression of scorn is silence. As far as I am concerned from this point forward, Mr. Know does not exist.

Francoise

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit