Where do you go to die?

by wasasister 82 Replies latest jw friends

• wasasister
    wasasister

Had Enough:
    Yes, I came back and I appreciate what you wrote. This is exactly why I raised the issue in the first place. I agree - we must all make plans so as not to put unfair burdens on our family and loved ones once we are gone. Since "time and unforseen circumstances befall us all", it would be foolish not to deal with this now, while we are able.

As for others feeling "sad" for me, please do not bother. You are wrong if you perceive I am worried about death. In fact, I am far less worried about dying than I ever was as an active Witness. When I was a youth, I knew I would be resurrected, but I thought I would never have the opportunity to have a child since resurrected ones would be like the angels and not ever enjoy marriage. Later on, I knew that nothing I ever did was enough. No matter how hard I tried in the Truth, the best I could ever manage was "probably I would be concealed in the Day of Jehovah's Anger." Some comfort that was!

Now, I am content in the knowledge I have lived a good life; I have given generously and harmed no one. I no longer wonder if something of me will live on...I KNOW it. My two children are testimony to the life I lead. I shared in producing them and making them the loving, successful, thoughtful, secure individuals they are. They will pass this on to their children, and so on.

I would far prefer this to living an eternity with narrow-minded, vindictive, hateful people. This thought is more like hell than Dante ever envisioned.

Thank you for your comments, Had Enough.

Was

• Faraon
    Faraon

"I can answer any question you got. In fact, I got answers to questions you have never even thought of."

See? I answered the question.

I can also answer all questions correctly if you ask the right questions for my answers.

JRP

• Farkel
    Farkel

You Know,

Good to cya again, old friend! I read through all your garbage, but only want to comment on this particular piece of idiocy:

: You can understand him. You just can't understand how his judgments are going to be unveiled.

No sequitur. Look it up, dummy.

Farkel

• JAVA
    JAVA

Was,

Now, I am content in the knowledge I have lived a good life; I have given generously and harmed no one. I no longer wonder if something of me will live on...I KNOW it. My two children are testimony to the life I lead. I shared in producing them and making them the loving, successful, thoughtful, secure individuals they are. They will pass this on to their children, and so on.

That's beautifully put, and I couldn't agree more. It takes a little time before some reach the maturity to express such things, or the ability to appreciate this understanding. Indeed, children stand as a testament, but also the countless lives we touched continue beyond us. Sorry many posts dealt with the JW mentally deranged concepts, but I guess it comes with the territory of free speech on the forum--a concept that's not allowed in JW territory. Good post Was!

--JAVA
    ...counting time at the Coffee Shop

• Flip
    Flip
    I can answer any question you got. In fact, I got answers to questions you have never even thought of. … Just because I choose not to answer a baited or moronic question doesn't mean I don't know the answer. Jesus often refused to answer foolish questions. But, certainly his words apply especially to apostates when he said: "By hearing you will hear but by no means get the sense of it." Because in your presumption you imagine that you know the Bible, you pretty much validat (sic) Jesus' words... / You Know

Whenever YK posts, am I the only one that gets the distinct feeling that I’m watching the demented, tactical reverse logic altercation that takes place between Jack Crabb the civilian Scout (Dustin Hoffman) and General George Custer (Richard Mulligan) just prior to the Battle of Little Big Horn in the movie, "Little Big Man"?

Flip

PS and please "A God" spare us from YK making a "crack" relating the Battle of Little Big Horn with Armageddon!~

• Tina
    Tina

Hiyas expat

Im waiting on a packet of info regarding that-soon as I get it Ill send you the specifics. I'm curious if its at all different than what I've planned. I know where I want my ashes as well.

hugs,T

Carl Sagan on balancing openness to new ideas with skeptical scrutiny...."if you are open to the point of gullibility and have not an ounce of skeptical sense,you cannot distinguish useful ideas from worthless ones."

• COMF
    COMF
    I can answer any question you got.

What's that date, again?

You are totally cluless as to how this system is going to end according to Jehovah's judgments.

What's that date, again?

you are fairly thick-skulled

Can you give us a run-down on those dates, again?

I learned a long time ago that apostates are all bluster and hot air. When it comes down to knowing anything of value it is nothing but pretense.

Could you give us your personal list of predicted dates for the end? Feel free to add in any you've come up with that are yet future.

You would be wise to keep silent

Oh... oh... please... what's that date, again?

COMF

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Well, despite liking the idea of reincarnation, and thinking living as long as possible a generally cool idea, I think when we are dead we are dead, as there is no proof to the contrary.

As for burial, for a long time I wanted to be cremated, and have my ashes mixed in with about 3kg (7lb) of really high quality Cannabis resin, which would be smoked at my wake, and for weeks and months thereafter by mt friends.

I've now lost my enchantmment with the idea and am yet to formulate a new death plan.

You Know; What a hate filled little person you are. You sound like a Pharasee. I can't imagine Jesus saying some of the things you've said in this thread. You're nothing but a white-washed grave and a hypocritical little worm; Mene mene tekel parsin.

You are full of pride and self love, your 'devotion' is nothing to do with love of God or fellow man, and everything to do with puffing yourself up. I pity you. Oh, and I will be happy to engage you in a debate. Let's make the subject "Is the Bible the word of god?"

Post a new thread on Monday with that as the title, make your opening arguement, and we'll see, eh?

Oh, and you really are an offensive little shit. And before you start going "ha ha you swore", Jesus used a contemptable word too, and if he were here I'm sure he'd use it on you, you maggot-ridden self-sanctified blow-hard.

• reagan_oconnor
    reagan_oconnor

Wasasister... I apologize for my part in engaging the off-topic discussion (if it can be called that).

My family has always gone all-out when someone dies. Laid out in a casket (no matter how emaciated they look from disease) with family and other JWs filing by, wiping tears and patting backs until an elder gives the talk (using it, of course, as an excuse to preach to all the 'non-believers').

My husband and I have discussed it, and decided that we both want to be cremated, our ashes scattered at a place special to us. We want a big party, with pictures all around, video of us doing what we loved, and tons of food. Family and friends, celebrating life.

"I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul."

• You Know
    You Know

In the end, I suppose it is entirely appropriate that apostates begin preparing for inevitable death. It is, after all, the ultimate repudiation of your former faith that holds out the God-inspired hope of never dying. You are like a condemned criminal that has been sentenced to death and has waived her right to an appeal or any last minute stay of execution. You have accepted the judgment of the accursed children even though the judge stands ready to commute your sentence. As you have said, you have made your peace with death, and you would much prefer everlasting death than to have to live in a paradise with Jehovah's people. It is even as the Bible says of those who spurn the very wisdom of God: "But the one missing me is doing violence to his soul; all those intensely hating me are the ones that do love death." / You Know

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit