The Watchtower & the cigarette company

by expatbrit 207 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• fearnotruth22
    fearnotruth22

Expabrit:

Your initial post on the wts and PHM is very interesting.

I have always believed that knowldege of involvement, or gaining or loosing money from tobacco stocks is not the issue. Only issue is involvement in any way in tobacco to seek gain because it is your business to know what you are involved in. Since the WTS condemns tobacco use, if they were also to make money from it, then they could not remain silent but would have a lot of explaining to do and would have to be very convincing to get out of that pickle. Because if one condemns Tobacco use and also wants to make money from tobacco then he would be full of bologna I think.

What I do know however is that, Your reasonings do not show, no matter how convincing they are, and with what conviction you advocate them, that the WTS is involved somehow with tobbacco. The link you posted in your last post is only reasonings and views, not evidence showing that the wts is involved somehow with tobacco stocks.Although you have personally concluded this is the case, and are evidently very convinced of your views. Your resolute conclusions and accusations are not supported by your logic as it is neither supported by the Comamerica sheet showing trade in the PHM companies. You have failed to linkthe WTS to Tobacco

If you could prove, not with your reasonings but with evidence that the wts is involved with Tobacco seeking gain, I would not reject such evidence. UNtil then.

fearnotruth

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

LOL! Shake your feet and retain your pearls, Expat.

• fearnotruth22
    fearnotruth22

HAWKAW you are a victim of your erroneous thinking. EF failed to disclose all of the facts about the PHM Morris meaning more than just tobbaco on his initial Post. AZtec had to do that for him putting a different spin on Efs Post.

Dont jump to conclusions about what I believe. All That I have said is that the derrived benefits from the PHm Morris Companies as stated on the sheet posted by ef does not prove that WTS is involved with Tobacco.

• fearnotruth22
    fearnotruth22

Expabrit:

In My opinion the tax returns and the comamerica sheet you posted about the WTS and the PHm companies is a valuable contribution to this board, and I personally thank you for the information. It is very interesting and very much appreciated by me.

• jwsons
    jwsons

When the name "Watchtower Bible and Tract Society" appears on a
    brothel's shares at stock market it doesnot mean anything?
    WTS has no relation ???

LOL

Or should we say: "Watchtower Society gains benefits from Philip Morris toothpaste company ?" You need that stinky toothpaste to brush your mouth.

jwsons

• jwsons
    jwsons

Watchtower Bible and Tract Society did receive benefits from a company name Philip Morris, well-known as Tobacco (cigarettes) productions company. It is a fact.

Some tried to defend for Governing Body said:"Our Brothers did receive money from Philip Morris, but Philip Morris also make money from other productions, not only in cigarettes"

So with money (dollars) from Philip Morris, tell us which one is from Cigarettes and which dollar is not gains from selling ciagrettes ? LOL

Imagine one day Ted Jeracz was caught inside Las Vegas Gambling room. He said:"Oh! No, I only drop by here to have a free cup of tea... Las Vegas not only for gamblers but also for peoples who just wants to have a cup of tea" YES, Las Vegas also have a Free cup of tea for you boy, but Why Las Vegas ? Why don't you just modesty receiving coins from a World-Wide-Works of Windows-Cleaning-Industry ?

It's up to you to think more about it. BUT I don't want this topic be burried. So now I bring up on top. Sorry for whoever doesn't like it. STOP the hypocrisy then everythinng will be fine. Just like Roman Catholics, they did something wrong, they admit it instead of blame their members of congregation like :"In the past some Witnesses did bla bla bla.." JUST say "We are, as governing body, we doing wrong in this business. Now we disfellowship ourselves.." HeHeHe!!!!

jwsons

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Fearnotruth:

I'm glad you found the info interesting, and while we differ on viewpoint as to its significance, I found your responses interesting and throught-provoking. As mentioned, should (and hopefully when) I get more documents regarding this trust, I'll do a follow-up.

Expatbrit

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Again I bring this to the top for its importance.

hawk

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Expat: YES !!! Indeed !!! This is significant. It illustrates that the Watchtower is giaining wealth by investment trusts just as the Vatican and others ... and that it is willing to accept money from tobacco sources ...

The Watchtower will try to spin this as an incidental issue, much as the JW employee in a grocery store who handles cigarettes on occasion. But in this case, as you mention, the sole purpose of this trust is to generate income for the Society ... and by investing in tobacco, it becomes more than incidental.

Good Job ... and I agree with others that this has the same flavor as the Un scandal. - Jim W.

• Scully
    Scully

Hi there Amazing!

So good to see you and I'm happy to hear about you beating those odds the doctors gave you!

Now that you've seen this thread, aren't you even MORE glad that you quit smoking, since you're not contributing - even indirectly - to dividends the WTS is earning from this investment in Philip Morris?

Love, Scully

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit