The Watchtower & the cigarette company

by expatbrit 207 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• JT
    JT

Should the WT reject the entire trust over this?

BASED ON WHAT THEY TEACH THE ANSWEER IS YES

• JT
    JT
    How a Christian puts his money to work is for him to decide personally, just as how he works for a living is for him to decide. There is nothing contrary to Scriptural principles for him to let his money help him earn a livelihood. If he invests in stocks, no one should criticize him. He should, of course, be discreet about what stocks or bonds he buys. When he knows that a corporation is devoted entirely to manufacturing merchandise that is used for a morally wrong purpose, it would be improper for him to violate his conscience by investing money in the stock of that company. - Awake!, February 8, 1962, p. 23.

I suspect this quote provides the 'out' for the wtbs. The word entirely.

Although Phillip Morris is in the business of cigs.......it is not entirely devoted to that product.

Danny

dANNY you have hit the nail on the head- myself along with 3 other young bethelites were sitting in the Towers Piano room after the monday bethel family wt study along with JR Brown who is now the Official spokesman for the wt and he explained to us the Society uses GET-AWAY WORDS OR BACKDOOR WORDS SUCH AS: perhaps likely appears seemly possibly

one could conclude, and the list goes on and on

AS you have so well pointed out this one one "ENTIRELY" IS THEIR GET AWAY/BACKDOOR WORD

glad you picked it up and pointed it out- folks don't get you drawers all up your butts thinking this is the smoking gun- for us we realize that this is just another in a long list of blunders, lies, dececption, etc, but for the loyal jw it MEANS NOTHING

that is why is it so important to understand how jw will respond , i saw one poster ask:

"How can i show this to my die hard jw family membvers, i wanted to laugh- HE MUST BE KIDDING- this type of information generally has very little effect on a dyed in the wool unless they are of the mindset to examine things opening and honestly

if they are still stuck in DEFEND MODE in my view unless you just got some time on your hand that you want to WASTE and argue with family members then go for it, other than that

used this information for those who are ready for it and use it as a PERSONAL CONFERMATION THAT YOU AND I MADE THE RIGHT CHOICE in getting out of wt

• jwsons
    jwsons

bttt

jwsons

• jwsons
    jwsons

bttt Again

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

Fishing are you? This is just a meaningless BS issue that only the truly naive or truly bigoted think is important.

• bebu
    bebu

I hadn't heard of this yet, so I'm glad it went bttt.

It's not an outrageous scandal like the UN, but it is a scandal nonetheless.

One more nail in the coffin--if you can find room for another nail on the coffin anywhere...

bebu

• jwsons
    jwsons

bttt

• geevee
    geevee

So.......? Havent heard of this at all till this moment. Living in Australia, a mighty long way from headquaters, we never hear of anything. That business with the UN, as well as this [which is no surprise] never makes it out here. Only the comments from one CO that reckons he has a hot line to NY, and has some dumb ass comment from smiley [S.Lette] about the GB dying off and Arma must be here soon.....two years max [according to one listener]...oh life in the colonies... ;-)

• PinTail
    PinTail

I would like to have the information that you have found, but I just can't seem to find what you have outlined here. Please show me just where at the very least, or copy and past what you have found that clearly says Watch Tower Corp involvement. Thanks, Shane

Send it to: [email protected]

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

So the Watctower Bible and Tobbaco Society had another scandel while I was away,what a suprise,LOL!..You whinners should be helping theWB&TS sell more of their product,maybe help them find a new name for their cigarettes.How about "Jehovah Nails",or Jehovah Nails (light)...Pay some attention to the packaging.We could have a picture of Jesus lighting up a "Jehovah Nails" cigarette after the last supper...Of course we`d have to abide by warning label laws,like: "Smoking can kill you,but you`ll be resurrected in 1975"(There`s a dam good selling point!)... How about a slogan like,Q:'When is a cigarette not a cigarette?..A: When it`s a Jehovah Nail!" ...The WB&TS is a very honest organization,I`m sure they`ll have an article in an upcoming magazine with "New Light" on smoking,and how they are making a profit on an addictive and destructive substance.I can see it now,an Awake magazine with Jesus walking across water with a "Jehovah Nail" in his mouth..You people have to join in and help make this product profitable.How hard can it be?This shit is addictive!...Idea`s people!We need idea`s! Now roll up your sleeves,put on your thinking caps,and lets get this project rolling...LOL!!...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit