The Watchtower & the cigarette company

by expatbrit 207 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Scully
    Scully

six of nine writes:

I just don't see how Jehovah lets things like this slip thru

Yeah well ol' Hovah has been busy, damnit!! There's just not enough hours in a millennium to keep track of all the pedophiles and terrorists and people frequenting tattoo parlours and picking up hookers on the street corner yada yada yada. The Debil is giving Him a run for his money, that's for sure... so much so that The Debil was able to sneak in $20K worth of tobacco company stocks into this here trust, right under Hovah's nose!!

Love, Scully

• wednesday
    wednesday

I don't see an answer to my question so i'll ask again. has the WTS been confronted with this?

• rainbow2003
    rainbow2003

This confirms that for the past two years Watchtower has been desperate to get money as donations from rank-and-file Jehovah's Witnesses have quietly plummetted due to increased media publicity from silentlambs.org. They already were, but the exposure has caused even more desperation.

So, first congratulations to Expat and also Bill Bowen who should be informed of this link. Also to Alan and doubtlessly others here.

And, Yes, Ted Jaracz and the rest of "his ilk" (one of their favorite expressions) in the Governing Body in New York, your cigarette scandal and the Rand Cam scandal will be added to the following for sending on to inactive and active JWs, the public etc, along with the previous things such as the UN affiliation and sending of "repentant" child molestors to doors worldwide.

But considering that Ted Jaracz lacks the guts to refute what Pat Garza publicly said about him molesting her and other kids when a District Overseer in Los Angeles forty years ago, well, why be surprised. It's not just Rand Cam military stock and Phillip Morris cigarette stock. Think and why stay skeptic when you also read that there are those of us who warn of Watchtower "angels" (fruitcake Circuit Overseers and local elders) rewarding those who are good and punishing those bad via wiretapping and electronic harassment.

No, Simon, Alan, Skully, Randy and others. Not "a personal agenda" just made up to harm the pro-Watchtower fanatics all the worse for they have and they do do that themselves plentifully. There indeed are worse scandals in the Watchtower of darkness. Dig dipper and longer.

For one thing, Why not investigate the Watchtower's security company in California? Stop blowing leads off when we put them like plums into your hand. There is deep mounting desperation and insanity in the eyes of those wanting the Watchtower to survive even while they do such things that destroy it.

True, some elders including many ex-elders here, as with some Governing Body members are not aware of all the darkness. Some Bethelites are and some aren't. Paul Blizard will confirm while a JW he spied. Ray Franz wrote of binocular and camcord spying. Schnell ages ago wrote of eyeball spying.

Wake up. It's hard truth but it is the truth. Keep digging in and you will find more. Much much more. May all who read this, not just the Randies, Alans etc dig, but may every reader dig - and share what you find just as expat has.

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Hello Wednesday:

My apologies, I didn't catch your question before.

To the best of my knowledge, the Watchtower hasn't been directly confronted with this. I haven't, mostly because I don't think it would be any use. I'm sure they would just use the "it's not a Watchtower company so we don't control it line". In fact, they probably wouldn't say anything at all unless it became necessary for PR.

Even if they did give some reasons, I personally would find it very difficult to believe them unless I could check them against 100% independent sources. I'm afraid I have no shred of confodence in the WT's truthfulness or trustworthyness.

Don't let any of that stop you, though!...lol

Expatbrit

• jwsons
    jwsons
    The question isn't whether the society was aware they had the trust, nor is it if they were aware of the stocks in the trust at the time they recieved it. Of course they were.

The question is whether they were aware that the trust fund director, who btw buys stocks for probably hundreds of trust (or may even turn that over to a company such as Fidelity), was going to purchase Phillip Morris. Of course they did not.

Another valid question is whether or not they had informed the trustee that they did not want any cigarette co. stocks in their portfolio. If this was a your-life-is-on-the-line-so-get-it-right bet, personally, I'd bet they did make their wishes known to the trustee.

The question really is:

"Did they know where is money coming from? It may come from a brothel and they didn't bother to know. Yeh? Who care ? Money is money, and money always good for the WWW-box at the end of Kingdumb Hall, to anybody asks stupid questions"

jwsons

• LDH
    LDH

Expatbrit,

Thanks for all of the hard work, and Scully and everyone else too.

This is great stuff.

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

I finally gave this thread a look.

Expatbrit: excellent research, and great analogy. It's blatant, isn't it?

Thank you for this, it always brings a smile to my face when things like this are revealed.

WTBTS: hypocrisy at its finest.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    He should, of course, be discreet about what stocks or bonds he buys.

The last time I went to a meeting, I clearly remember being told that playing the stock market was wrong. It is considered a form of gambling.

What a crock of crap to tell us we are to stop investing money in the stock market while they accept money that was obtained by investing in the stock market.

I guess it’s ok for the society since it isn’t their money that is being put up. T hey aren’t the ones gambling.

• Gerard
    Gerard

bttt

PS: What's wrong with tobacco? If the WT supports it, it's gotta be OK with Jehovah. ..

• fearnotruth22
    fearnotruth22

The Society is clever enough to understand the ramifications of making money from tobacco. The Philip Morris Co although involved heavily in the tobacco industry, also owns other non-tobacco interests and investments that have nothing to do with tobacco. As devils advocate, an investment in the Philip Morris Co by the WT Society does not mean that they are making money from Tobacco. The Tobbaco companies pays billions in taxes Every individual in the USA benefits personally from tobacco revenues in one way or another although not individually advocating or involved directly in the manufacture, production, or sale of Tobacco products. I am not persuaded to believe that investing in the PH MORRIS Company definitely means involvement in the Tobacco business for profit, and advocacy of Tobacco use.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit