Legalized marijuana. It's coming to canada and I want to try it.

by hoser 88 Replies latest jw friends

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I know of a few orangutans that are going to happy about this legalization.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5
    I am gonna get me one of them orangutans in the new system!
  • Saintbertholdt
  • 2+2=5
    2+2=5

Yes that's the harsh reality of cannabis Saintbertholdt.

Emergency rooms full of teenagers who are in urgent need of medical treatment lest they die. Don't do it kids..... ONE puff is all it takes.

Grab Dads whiskey and some of mums Valium for a good safe high.

• Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt
    Emergency rooms full of teenagers who are in urgent need of medical treatment lest they die. Don't do it kids..... ONE puff is all it takes.

I agree the situation is totally out of control. In the US alone there was over 100 000 marijuana related fatalities last year.

When will humanity learn?

• talesin
    talesin

REEFER MADNESS!

Full Movie found on youtube - an 'original propaganda' film. ; )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esfKfTBGadg

• kaik
    kaik

In the Czech Republic, you are allowed to grow own plant with maximum five per personal use. Selling plant with THC is criminal and you will face a huge penalties + jail time. The government figured out that it is not worth to prosecute individual users and old ladies who grow it on its balconies. The biggest problem there are wholesalers who distribute it Germany and Poland. Nonetheless medical pot is allowed, and technical plant without THC is grown all over the country. It has widespread industrial use, you can buy pot pesto, butter, beer, vodka, and even ice cream in downtown of Prague just outside of St. Jill church. Austria has also grows extensively technical plant without THC and you can even stop at some of these farms in Lower Austria. You can even get lost in pot maze
    http://www.expats.cz/prague/article/weekly-czech-news/czech-cannabis-labyrinth/

The state police control the plants for industrial use to ensure that THC limit is not reached, and there been issues with industrial growers and the law enforcement for years. Alcohol causes much more damage to the society, so are prescription drugs, and crack. This is real issue which should LE and government to address.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    Question_Mans; there are clear sighs that manifest themselves as addiction , I know many people at the moment who are trying to quit mj and are showing them; shakes, insomnia,headaches,irritability, anxiety, extreme mood swings, to ignore these signs is very churlish.
  • done4good
    done4good

jookbeard-Question_Mans; there are clear sighs that manifest themselves as addiction , I know many people at the moment who are trying to quit mj and are showing them; shakes, insomnia,headaches,irritability, anxiety, extreme mood swings, to ignore these signs is very churlish.

You are talking about people that use the drug to deal with existing anxiety disorders. I 100% agree that using this drug, (or anything), done to excess or to assist in dealing with real life is dangerous. Much of this has to do with mindset. Anyone that thinks they "need" to get high to have a fulfilling life, has issues that need to be reconciled, likely by a professional. Does that mean the addiction is physical? No. These people likely have anxiety disorders to begin with, that are exacerbated by marijuana use. Yes, they should stay away from it. The drug use is a symptom for these people, not the root cause of their problems.

Physical addiction is a very specific thing. This type of addiction is marked by physical dependencies that prevent certain body functions from working normally, and can lead to serious life threatening situations. It is irresponsible to label any "dependency" on marijuana this way. Other substances, (like heroin and alcohol), do have physically addictive properties that can kill if the withdrawal is not dealt with.

Physiological addictions are a much broader category, and MJ does not even fall into this camp, clinically speaking. I am enjoying a cup of coffee at the moment, because I know I have a physiological caffeine addiction that I would like to care for. I would feel lousy at this hour if I did not have it, but it wouldn't kill me. MJ produces no such withdrawal symptoms, either physiological or physical. I get up at 4 AM every day, work a 6 figure career job for 12-14 hours, go home and take care of domestic stuff, and maybe decide to use some MJ on the weekend, at night if there is the right time and place for it. Hardly an addiction by any means, although certainly psychologically gratifying at times.

YMMV.

d4g

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I would like to try it, but I suffer with Asthma and think it not a good idea to become a regular user, but I would like to try it at least once.

I was checking on-line just a few days ago to see if the places I shall visit on a short holiday I am taking in Europe allow use legally, and, just my luck, they do, but only for Residents, dammit.(You have to show I.D).

Those Counties do some excellent Cigars, much cheaper than here in the U.K, so maybe I'll treat myself to a smoke of some of them, still not good for the breathing, but when you are on Holiday.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit