Legalized marijuana. It's coming to canada and I want to try it.

by hoser 88 Replies latest jw friends

• whathehadas
    whathehadas

I always hated marijuana, even in the time I left JW, which was 6 years ago I hated it, until recently. I decided to try it out and got my medical card. I was nervous and uncomfortable but I made it into a dispensary and purchased a few grams of marijuana. The first few times I smoked, I felt a numbing sensation over my body but it wasn't the high I was expecting. Not until my second time did I experience that high.

The third time was the scariest moment in my life because I had a panic attack. I was super paranoid and I thought I was going to die. Mind you, I was alone, which is discouraged for first time smokers. I did calm myself down through that episode. A few days ago, I smoked and experienced what @DarioKehl mentioned. I connect it to my third eye opening since It has made me realize that I'm not where I want to be since leaving JW. I've had a cold hard look at myself. This drug has been a positive for me

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    the problem I found about smoking weed, (I was never a big smoker probably smoked about 50 joints in my entire life solid and grass) and also the stronger versions of skunk made me feel completely out of control, totally out of it and I hate that feeling, but it is a complete anti diuretic, and I found that worrying, it cant be good for the bladder area. Also the "scooby snacks" the famous munchies, I found myself eating some ridiculous amounts after a few joints, I've seen friends order the most ridiculous amounts of food and eating it all, in the last few years I've found losing weight very difficult so another issue with it.
  • stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i smoke it passively most days-----the scum in the flat downstairs use the stuff and the fumes fills the stairwell--i gag on it.

( note--the whole building is a no-smoking zone. )

• done4good
    done4good

I absolutely hated it, the first times I tried it after leaving JW. The first time was just weird, and the second time pretty much scared the shit out of me. I swore I would never try it again. That was in 2007.

A couple of years later, I had a corporate apartment with a couple of work buddies whom of which mj was their drink of choice. I decided to give it another try. It still made me feel weird, but this happened progressively less and less over the next several uses. It is an acquired taste for sure, but it will happen if you let it.

Compared with alcohol, mj is almost harmless. I have lived and seen what alcohol abuse does to individuals and families. Mj is neither physiologically or physically addictive as alcohol is, you won't become belligerent or get a hangover, or develop the plethora of health issues that alcohol can lead to over the long term. Also, unlike alcohol, it doesn't just "dull the senses". It will tend to enhance some, and allow you to tune out others. In other words, it is a great "reset" button to hit after a stressful week.

Stay away from edibles as a beginner. Do NOT mix alcohol as beginner either. Mj will have the natural effect of preventing you from wanting to do much of anything to excess anyway, including abusing it or alcohol. A glass of wine with a good meal and toke off the pipe beforehand is a thoroughly enjoyable experience, that never gets "boring". To me, anyway...

It is absolutely ludicrous that mj is a Schedule 1 illegal substance. This was a political ploy that Nixon pretty much screwed the world with in 1970 after the UN adopted US drug policy.

d4g

• done4good
    done4good

DarioKehl and whathehades, I know exactly what you are speaking of, and in the long run it is a good thing. It leads to self improvement if managed properly, and kept in perspective.

d4g

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ Finkelstein...

Maybe we should posthumously award Canadian citizenship to Bob Marley. :smirk:

• Truthexplorer
    Truthexplorer
    I wouldn't, I did when younger and it is very addictive and hard to break the habit. It also causes paranoia and depression.
  • whathehadas
    whathehadas
    I might add to what's already been touched on. The biggest positive in this NATURAL drug is that it enhances your senses, depending on your body and the right amount of doses. When I smoke the right amount for me, it has enhanced my hearing. I feel like I can hear things more clearer literally. I see why some of the world's best musicians of the past and present make great music when they smoked. It's a amazing feeling with your mind opens up your body
  • LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

After being a good JW, I was quite eager to try MaryJ at uni.

So, celebrating our end of 2nd year exams, a few of us went to my colleague's house. There were a few joints passed around over 3 to 4 hours. The first 2 were mixed with tobacco. Not being a smoker, my first try was not pleasant. The 2 or 3 joints without tobacco were a bit better, but not great, IMO. It gave a slight 'relaxed feel', that's it.

The bottles of beer were much better.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    When a person is in psychic pain, they feel it intensely and are forced to deal with it. That makes a lot of sense.

THC has the ability to make conscious some of the things we have suppressed in the unconscious and yes dealing with it is much better(to which I might add micro dosing with iboga root bark(1/2 gram every 4 days) has the added benefit a disassociative so you can relive trauma without the intense emotional pains and process it with the prefrontal lobes I think it is excellent for PTSD, and XJdubs that are dealing with deprogramming themselves from the indoctrinated mind set as this will help you go deeper to root out all that bull shit you had to listen to 3 times a week.

http://www.ibogaworld.com/

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit