Do You Think The Obama Administration Should Be Investigated For How They Treated The Trump Accusations?

by minimus 82 Replies latest jw friends

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard
    If there weren't any crimes his cronies wouldn't now be indicted, tried and sentenced to jail.

Ok. List a crime.

• Simon
    Simon

oppostate: I made quite clear that the time of people posting political drivel were over. Trump didn't collude with Russia, that was a lie. You would be better just admitting you were wrong and trying to learn from it rather than doubling down and trying to prove it was still true.

I'm not going to allow links to propaganda on this site so give it up.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

There was no collusion with Russia. But it has not yet been proven that he didn’t collude with Bolivia..... or Peru.

• minimus
    minimus

Pushing fake news is wrong. I’m happy that Simon will not allow people to present an unfair agenda.

If someone wanted to push the fake news site narrative that Sandy Hook deaths never really happened and it was all a government sham , I would hope Simon wouldn’t allow it , out of principle. This has nothing to do with freedom of speech , either. I love that honesty is paramount here, not just emotional outbursts. If something is not true and has been debunked we have a n ethical responsibility to speak facts.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

I don't have a problem with restricting posts/topics moving forward, I've been asking for less politics on JWN after all. I just hope that past posts/topics remain in place to preserve context and narrative.

Just my opinion.

• minimus
    minimus

Nic , I agree. I don’t want to obliterate history. I think we should be free to debate a subject, no matter what it is. And I think a fair warning is appropriate. Follow the rules and you can still contribute to the site.

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

Perhaps the leftists and rightists who want to debate politics can visit political forums and leave this site free to discuss the problems facing the JW and ex-JW communities.

• JeffT
    JeffT

Athanasius: I was a convert that was politically very active before I joined the cult. I've been out quite a while now. I've observed that understanding politics and government is a major challange for many xjw's. Therefore reasonable political discussion is appropriate here. But we all need to be careful about how we talk to those that disagree with us.

• minimus
    minimus

As a JW I couldn’t discuss politics. I’m grateful I can now.👍👍👍👍👍👍👍😂

• Simon
    Simon

Past topics aren't going anywhere - you can learn a lot from looking at previous controversial topics - who said what, how people argued their position and what the final results were and their response to it.

Past performance doesn't always guarantee future results but ... well, I think in many cases you start to see the same people show the same lack of balance and ability to think clearly and logically.

People get emotional. Especially with politics, they just want so much for the person or group they dislike to be the bad guys that they are actually disappointed when they are not and turn out not to have committed any crime.

Think about that.

Imagine, being sad and disappointed that a hate crime, for instance, didn't actually happen. What a crazy way to live your life - you're never going to be happy if you create monsters in your head and pray for them to be destroyed.

Of course in todays world, there is a whole media industry busy painting monsters for people and telling them to be afraid. People need to grow up and learn to think. There are far too many dumb idiots about and they need to be educated or else it's all going to come crashing down.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit