Poll suggests world hostile to US

by Simon 203 Replies latest social current

• Shakita
    Shakita

All this hostility toward the US is very scary.

Comparing the United States to al queda........makes me wonder if the response from the world community will be "you had it coming" after the next terrorist attack on US soil......

So much hatred for the US when North Korea will probably have 8 nukes by Christmas, and Iran is expanding its nuclear facilities with the help of Russia, and with the report of the cessium 137 being seized on the street, it just makes sense to blame the US for the entire world's problems. Someone has to be the scapegoat, huh?

I still say if the world doesn't like the US sticking its nose into their problems, the US government should close its borders, re-start the star wars program, and let the rest of the world deal with the terrorists by themselves.

Mrs. Shakita

• expatbrit
    expatbrit
    This post has been awarded the JWD Most Consistently Even Use of Vowels and Consonant's While Bastardizing a Germanic Language award

Grazi! Multo bene!

In accepting this award, I would just like to say that we live in fictitious times, with fictitious protests and fictitious polls. And if you have both the Pope and the Dixie Chicks against you, then you're obviously not a fraudulent maker of fictitious documentaries.

And now the ACLU will help me into the trunk of my limo. Goodnight and Chomsky bless!

Expatbrit

• Jayson
    Jayson
    Most of the world is very alarmed at the US at the moment. Here we have a huge country, a super power that can actually defeat any other country or combination of countries in the whole world. Many of us feel threatened by this monolith with it's love of guns and it's love of capital punishment. It's almost as though civilised society is being threatened by the Wild Bunch. Many of it's citizens have no concept of a society outside of it's borders, nor will they show the slightest interest in anything that does not fit in with their own concepts of how life should be.

Now Eng be a good little boy and remember to post how you LOVE america and you LOVE americans on your next post like the others do after giving comments like this. With a prejudice like that "fair and balanced" [as Simon claims to be] must be a breeze.

Western Europeans are such an a good example of peaceful folk. Refer to history for an explaination. The US needs to stop and take a good look at who her friends are and who her allies are. Western Europe it ain't. As Eng put it "Americans need to get over 9/11." Clear as mud it is that he and his ilk don't care and never did. I however, will never forget. It's OK Eng we do not need you.

• Jayson
    Jayson
    I still say if the world doesn't like the US sticking its nose into their problems, the US government should close its borders, re-start the star wars program, and let the rest of the world deal with the terrorists by themselves.

Mrs. Shakita

Good point. And, that is exactly what is going on. If you are a country that harbors or aides terrorists we will look upon you as the terrorists themselves. And we will distroy the terrorists. The game is over. "With us or with them."

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Damn it Simon! I just figured it out. You got tired of everyone elses post getting more replies than yours did so you made sure to post something that would get more replies.

I wish I would have thought of that. My post never get many replies. LOL

• minimus
    minimus

To Simon the MasterBaiter, Would YOU like to join my cult??? I think this horrendous USA bashing thread be closed pronto. Now my friend, PLEASE, never suggest that you are a dumb innocent. We all know better.

• Kingpawn
    Kingpawn

Does it surprise anyone that France, Jordan, Indonesia, Russia, among others, have majorities disapproving of us?

Yet many of these same countries freely take our money, our technical expertise, our physical, medical, and other types of assistance when the need arises.

If we're so bad and backward, why do other countries spy on us? Why'd China hang on to our spy plane if we're so behind? Who wants "inferior" technology?

Why is illegal immigration such a big problem if we're so baaaaad?

Why do so many other nations send their citizens here to study? A list of the doctors at the medical facility my cardiologist (who's Asian, btw) is connected with shows all but maybe three out of 13 are from India.

Those hating us are hypocrites. Keep your people at home, don't ask us for help, and get copulated.

• little witch
    little witch

Personally, I think it is sad, what has happened with this thread today. Deliberatly baiting peoples emotions, then kicking them off the board when they respond... How dramatic........

• Jayson
    Jayson
    Thirty-seven per cent thought it right to invade - including 54% of the UK response, 74% of the US response and 79% of the Israeli sample.

... shows where the support for the war came from - doing what the Israeli's want !

This shows another bias Simon. Could it be that the US where 3 out of four people polled by your pollsters say that invasion was the right thing to do along with their policy makers did what they thought was right? Why do you support the idea that the US needs to be told what it can and can't do? Why would we give a hoot what Israel says? (although be it they are a true example of what we should seek in allies.)

You also discount the mass of nations who supported the war and the war effort. I have alread gone over this in your other threads. So in the words of Reborn, I am not going to do your homework for you this time. Also your unwillingness to address my questions (Which shows your inability to look at the facts that do not support you) and your insults instead are quite telling.

Most the world is run by thugs. Not long ago I would say communists and thugs so that they hate us means we must be doing something right. Also "World on Fire" by Amy Chau is worth reading. It is not a pro Bush type book and I think it explains why the world hates the US much better than Simon's thread.-jmho

• ignored_one
    ignored_one

There's something horribly cultish about these type of threads.

Ignored One.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit