Poll suggests world hostile to US

by Simon 203 Replies latest social current

• Simon
    Simon

jayson / thichi

I do not bother trying to answer you generally as you have show that you do not read or discuss thing but just paste articles that you've come across. Yuo are always quick to do what you have done now - declare victory for yourself with little regard to what really transpires. I don't really value your opinions to be honest as I find you to be closed minded and short sighted.

StinkyPantz

I repeated what I had been told, yes. Several people told me Simon was being anti-US. If someone kept accusing me of this, I'd lighten up a bit. That's at least fair.

Would you? Really? How about if people kept telling you that you had a chip on your shoulder? Would you "lighten up"?

I would lighten up as you put it if I put much weight on the opinions of those who said it but frequently it's come from die-hard "my country, right or wrong" types who's opinions I care little for.

All you are doing is proving that some Americans are incapable of discussing anything about America and what people think about it without getting defensive and aggressive. There really is no reason to do either and it really does make you look kind of silly.

• Gordy
    Gordy

In reply to the survey

"Many Brits in Misery"

Survey also shows the following if you look at the figures they other way.

9 out of 10 Don't think they would be better off dead.

75% find life fair

9 out of 10 are not miserable

3 out of 4 are happy

2 out of 3 are not exhuasted, are appreciated, and not underpaid.

75% are satisfied with their sex life

5 out of 6 are in happy relationships

90% of men are NOT emotionally, physically, verbally abused by partners.

94% of women are NOT emotionally, physically, verbally abused by partners.

It would seem that the vast majority of Britons are quite content with their life then.

• Jayson
    Jayson

"jayson / thichi

I do not bother trying to answer you generally as you have show that you do not read or discuss thing but just paste articles that you've come across. Yuo are always quick to do what you have done now - declare victory for yourself with little regard to what really transpires. I don't really value your opinions to be honest as I find you to be closed minded and short sighted."

You don't answer Simon because you can't do so without deflating that ballon of hot air you type from. You never had issue when Mark posted your kind of hate mail. I can see by all the comments that everyone is so excited that you start threads like this. And like your blind bias and hate of GW that you can't control it is you who is showing little regard for the others here.

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

What an enormous waste of time.

Expatbrit

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz
    it really does make you look kind of silly.

I don't mind looking a lil silly, as long as you don't mind people thinking you are bigotted (which I don't think per se).

And I've only had a couple people tell me that I have a chip on my shoulder and most of them recant it, so that's not an issue with me.. Many more applaud me, look at my PMs if you want.

I would lighten up as you put it if I put much weight on the opinions of those who said it but frequently it's come from die-hard "my country, right or wrong" types who's opinions I care little for.

Well, I am not at all a "die-hard "my country, right or wrong" type", so why is your opinion still low of me? (Don't answer that ) And since you brought it up, which of the people that have strongly disagreed with you, do you have a high opinion for? For example, I have often held Princess in high esteem. She rarely argues, but even she thought that you were being quite insensitive.

All you are doing is proving that some Americans are incapable of discussing anything about America

I discuss plenty of American issues calmly, so don't give me that. You posted the poll without giving your opinion. Most often when post something, they agree with it. If they don't agree with it they usually say so so that others don't assume anything.

---

I'm gonna lie this to rest now. I'm sorry if I pissed anybody off. Bye!!

• Simon
    Simon

Jeepers, sometimes it really is hard trying to have any kind of dialog with you

You posted the poll without giving your opinion

GO BACK AND READ IT

• Englishman
    Englishman

I watched the show and gave up on it after half an hour, it was just like the European Song Contest without the music.

Englishman.

• donkey
    donkey

Simon is absolutely right and the BBC and some of the polls he reads support the prevailing view:

America is the epitome of evil. American people are oversensitive and they are closed minded (except for those Americans who agree with him). If your feelings are hurt by what you discern as his hatred of you and your people then you are oversensitive. If you feel that he is empowered as the board owner and only gives people who agree with him latitude to insult others then you are too feeble-minded.

Bunch of cry babies....y'all

• Englishman
    Englishman

Donkey,

That's pretty heavy stuff, raps over the knuckles have already been given to Simon, what do you want now?

Englishman.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Okay, so who would win in a Jell-o wrestling contest?

Britney

Or Halle?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit