Ray Franz.....LIAR?

by integ 138 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Ray is a good man, a man of God, far more than those willing to see people die and suffer because of the whims of a few dilusional old men.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Wow blast from the past. So many folks now gone.

Ah the old days when avatars moved . . . .

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

His dog died last year

• jookbeard
  • iCeltic
    iCeltic

I've read just over half of COC the last few days, very revealing. I must say, even though I left of my own accord 10 years ago I still, even in the face of the evidence, feel sick to my stomach, guilty, unworthy on top of already feeling bad about reading the book in the first place. It really messes with you. I actually feel quite disgusted about the things i'm reading in Ray's book. I considered myself a bit of a student back when I was there and I knew virtually none of this stuff. Blinded.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Welcome iCeltic. It certainly is an eye-opener. It makes one sick to see behind the curtain the wizard is nothing but a group of paranoid and deluded old men.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

even in the face of the evidence, feel sick to my stomach, guilty, unworthy on top of already feeling bad about reading the book in the first place.

iCeltic: Welcome to the forum. Ray's book is a real eye-opener. His second book, 'In Search of Christian Freedom' is also a good book. 'Fear of Apostate Literature' is an irrational fear resulting from the indoctrination of WT. As you've noted, we can experience physiological responses, when simply reading a book. You can overcome this. Read Steve Hassan's first book, 'Combatting Cult Mind Control' was a big help for me. You can get it in paperback on Amazon for just a few bucks.

• james_woods
    james_woods

It all really happened. I did not know Ray Franz personally, but I did know Ed Dunlap and his brother Marion quite well. I actually visited Ed in his apartment at Bethel during the beginnings of the crises.

They are both completely credible - these GB issues were not a sudden thing. It went on for at least 5 years in the 1970s and there were more people involved than just Dunlap and the younger Franz.

One of the biggest points of proof is the extreme measures the GB took to try to shut everybody up (including Ed Dunlap) and sweep all this under the rug.

• iCeltic
    iCeltic

Cheers :)

I've got the 2nd book as well, it's hard to get through the first because I constantly have to go back over it and over it to try and get it to sink in. I wish he gave a nice bullet point list at the end ;)

He comes across as a thoroughly decent bloke.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I wish he gave a nice bullet point list at the end ;)

There is a brief booked called 'Captives of a Concept' that you may enjoy.

http://www.captivesofaconcept.com/AboutTheBook.html

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit