Respectfully - Liberals also insisted on blacks being able to use the same water fountain that whites do. When you open a business in America you are not suposed to discriminate. That's the 14 amendment.
And your example of the maga hat is as spurious as the Antifa reference. So 1 out of 100,000 business did that.
That is the equivalent of saying that 1 Neo Nazi act of violence means all Conservatives are Nazi sympathisers.
By the way:
Conservatives wanted Slavery.
Conservatives didnt want women to vote.
Conservatives want prayers in school, and the bible and 10 commandments taught.
Conservatives didnt want Blacks to have the vote.
Conservatives didnt want equal rights or pay for women.
Conservatives didnt want a 5 day work week.
Conservatives don't want sex ed taught in school.
Conservatives don't want Evolution taught in school.
Conservatives generally feel Homosexuals are an abomination and want to restrict their rights.
Other leanings that are fact:
- On freedom of the press, Democrats thought it had been restricted, rather than expanded too far, by 32 percent to 11 percent (for liberals, 37-10), while Republicans thought the opposite by 42 percent to 9 percent (for conservatives, 35-11).
- On the right to protest or criticize the government, Democrats thought it had been restricted, rather than expanded too far, by 31 percent to 7 percent (for liberals, 40-7), while Republicans thought the opposite by 41 percent to 6 percent (for conservatives, 33-16).
- On the right to vote, Democrats thought it had been restricted, rather than expanded too far, by 44 percent to 5 percent (for liberals, 54-4), while Republicans thought the opposite by 25 percent to 6 percent (for conservatives, 20-10).
- As recently as the 1980s, Christian Right activists defended racial segregation by claiming that restrictions on their ability to discriminate violated their First Amendment right to religious freedom.
- Both Ron Paul and his son, Rand, oppose the 1964 Civil Rights Act, because it outlaws private acts of discrimination. This is an "infringement of liberty", they argue. And they're right: just like laws against murder, it infringes the liberty of bullies. And that's precisely what justice is: the triumph of right over might.