Your Username

by RAYZORBLADE 86 Replies latest social humour

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

There are many reasons why we choose a username.

On this forum, aside from some of the more obvious names associated with our avatars, what does your nickname/username mean or refer to?

Some are first names.

Mine was one of those crazy ass names a bunch of my punk rock buddies gave me.

RAYZORBLADE

I used to shave my head. Sometimes I even had a mohawk haircut, and I'd shave the sides of my head. Just one of those nicknames that got started and stuck. Being that my first name is Ray, it was easy to add the rest.

Just curious about yours.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

The Lady part was given to me by the posters on another board. I had been using a variety of others ex-Borg Lee, Tiger Lil Lee, and my real name. The lady part just stuck.

I noticed a few people here refer to me as Lady. That feels weird. Lee is just fine. With all the different user names one person asked me what my name was Lee Just Lee

OMG I could do that one couldn't I LOL

Lee Just Lee

• Aztec
    Aztec

One of my favorite books is "Aztec" by Gary Jennings. Not very exciting I know but people seem to remember it...LOL! Last night outnfree called me Aztec instead of my real name...hehehe...

~Aztec

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Well Ray, I guess you could easily figure mine out! My name describes what I am; an ozzieposter !

Actually it's short for Sir Oswald Post....but then, we don't want to stand on ceremony, do we?

Cheers mate, Ozzie

• Simon
    Simon

Does that mean we should start calling you sir?

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

so long as it's not spelt "cur"!!

• neverthere
    neverthere

I picked Neverthere because I was never a JW though I was married into a family that was even though my ex was "fallen away" (his term not mine)

On most boards I am OneWitchLady.

• outnfree
    outnfree

Hi, Ray!

I knew someone had already started a thread on this before! Where has closer2fine gone? <sniff, sigh> Here's the link:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/9250/1.ashx

Of course, there's lots of new folks who have reasons to tell, I'm sure.

OUTnFREE - lol

• figureheaduk
    figureheaduk

I was kind of given the username "figureheaduk" a couple of years back. I wanted to sign up for membership of Yahoo auctions but I needed to sign up for a Yahoo account first. The song "The Figurehead" by the Cure is one of my all time favourite songs, so I wanted my screen name to be "the figurehead", but someone else had already taken it but since I live in the UK, the name "figureheaduk" was suggested as an alternative, and it stuck. I use it for almost all of my other usernames, so if you see the name "figureheaduk" elsewhere on the web, you can guess who it is...........

• rocketman
    rocketman

My username's origin is apparent if you are familiar with the contents of the album pictured in my avatar. Rocket Man is on Elton John's Honky Chateau album. It's my all-time favorite John song peformed live, and I list it in my top 10 studio tunes of his.

It's my third username on this board; I had been trying to find one name I could use while going various places on the Net and for my weblog.

Associating it with the movie Rocketman is okay too, but I never saw that movie.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit