Watchtower to pay for Silentlambs trip

by Dogpatch 182 Replies latest jw friends

• TemeculaMole
    TemeculaMole

So in SwordofJahs opinion. This young women that was physically abused and molested is a "disgruntled" ex-Jw.

Such compassion.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step
    This young women that was physically abused and molested is a "disgruntled" ex-Jw.

No, they were according to Sword just "alleged", "greedy", "victims", which I suppose makes him an alleged Christian.

HS

• avishai
    avishai

SoJ, you still have yet to answer for calling my brother a fat, greedy pig. Oh, & one more thing, in your prayers to Jehovah tonight? Thank him for the anonymity the internet affords you. Thank him a lot, coward. Thank him that your elders have'nt caught on to your dirty little game. Thank him that you can make cowardly statements w/ the anonymity this affords you. WHo are you, really, SoJ? Or do you have the guts to "out" yourself?

It's pretty easy to figure out who I am from my posts. What about you?

• gcc2k
    gcc2k

144k, your original point is being lost in the shuffle. This thread is reminiscent of the one I started about the CBS/Silentlambs program where I declared that Bill Bowen had uttered what was at best a half truth (that anything an elder says is to be taken as the direct word of God).

Your point seems to be that an expert witness involved in an active trial should not be discussing matters involving that trial. I agree with this point. I'm sure that Bill's mission (or mission in life?) is genuine and heartfelt, and perhaps it is the uphill battle that has him resorting to certain tactics that many do not agree with.

This thread has now branched off into a few different topics, one of which is the way that congregations handle cases of molestation. On this matter, my thoughts are clear. If there is a sin committed, judge the sin according to congregation guidelines. However, if there is a crime committed, even if only in allegation, then the authorities should be involved.

If Martha Stewart were an active JW, would she be disfellowshipped today? After her trial? After being found guilty in a court of law, yet still professing innocence, would she be disfellowshipped anyway? My guess is yes.

One of the biggest problems is that elders are empowered (or think they are empowered) to act as judge and jury on almost any subject.
    This is an extremely dangerous position to be in (remember Spider Man? "with great power comes great responsibility"?) and some elders are able to be balanced and know when they are overstepping their bounds, yet others (many others) feed on the ego boost and spiral further and further away from their role as spiritual shepherds.

• JT
    JT

144001 asked

I'm not sure why you chose the large fonts

sorry about the font size, i did a copy and paste from a word doc and they were super sized

sorry bout that

• SwordOfJah
    SwordOfJah

avishai:

If you don't like the answers, don't ask the question.

• integ
    integ

Sword,

How are you doing today?

Integ.

• Gerard
    Gerard
    The purpose of the deposition is to question and determine my basis as an expert witness for Heather and Holly. >>> Bill Bowen

Please clarify, I thought Heather and Holly won the case and Barry was convicted. Is there a new grievance?

http://news.findlaw.com/hdocs/docs/jehovahs/berryjehov80801.pdf

Holly Berry and Heather Berry

vs.

Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of N.Y.Inc, Wilton Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses, and Paul Berry

"Paul Berry is a convicted felon and has history of sexual and physical abuse of children under his care..." "Defendant Berry was ultimately convicted of 17 counts of sexual abuse and was sentenced to a prison term of 56 years."

• metatron
    metatron

Who does the Bible call "God's Servant"

or "God's Minister" - to bring punishment on those who deserve it?

Judicial Committees? The Bible doesn't mention them.

The Superior Authorities. The Police. The Courts. Romans 13.

Yet another example of the Society nullifying the Bible because of their tradition.

metatron

• DJ
    DJ

I agree metatron and this has been stated over and over again in this thread! I am waiting for SOJ to answer how she can agree with my posts and not the others when we all are saying the same thing. SOJ? I also think that it is wrong to attack SOJ with some of the comments made. If you can't speak respectfully to another human being then please stop posting here. Your rudeness only worsens matters. If you hate the jw teachings, fine....I do too... but remember that once that you too were misled. If somone spoke to you the way that you speak to SOJ....would it have helped you or angered you? Think. dj

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit