Guantanomo Bay to become death camp!

by Abaddon 85 Replies latest social current

• teejay
    teejay
    I'll make one concession in this discussion, I might be biased as friends of mine have been killed by these guys, others physically maimed for life, still others scarred emotionally for life -- Yeru

That's what I thought. Thanks for making that admission, Yeru.

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

I'm with Teejay.

Thanks for making the concession Yeru.

It is the sign of a rational and reasonable man when he is willing to admit he may be biased in an argument.

You won some cool points today. (as if you already did not have some, we disagree on a plethora of religious and political issues, but you are still one of my favorite posters on this board and I'd break bread with you anytime)

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Woohoo, winning friends and placating enemies....

Search,

Nothing under International Law that I'm aware of covers international terrorism. If it does, please point me to it. As to how the British decided to handle the IRA, well, that's how they choose to do it, they seem to be working with us in the Guantanemo issue. (I still refuse to spell Guantanemo correctly).

Remember though guys, just cuz I'm biased doesn't mean I'm wrong. Yesterday someone agreed with me that common sense has to rule sometimes.

• searchfothetruth
    searchfothetruth

Unfortunately your wrong about the British suppoting you on Guantanamo Bay.

During the War, Blair raised the point in the house of commons that he would strongly condemn it if the rumours were true that Iraqi prisoners were taken to Camp X Ray.

They said that such a threat would deter Iraqi's from surrendering if this was used to threaten them with.

I think your on your own on this one.

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

Yeru:

I started a new thread on the Red Cross aspect of this discussion. Some of the excellent points made by SevenofNine add weight to your position regarding the detainees. I thought you'd find it of interest. Note primarily the posted link from the International Red Cross Web site.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/15/52845/1.ashx

Uzzah - who stands corrected

• teejay
    teejay
    It is the sign of a rational and reasonable man when he is willing to admit he may be biased in an argument. You won some cool points today. (as if you already did not have some, we disagree on a plethora of religious and political issues, but you are still one of my favorite posters on this board and I'd break bread with you anytime) -- Reborn2002

Yeah. What Jason said.

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

teejay:

A "Straw Man" argument if I ever saw one! (get it ahahahaaahaaa)

• searchfothetruth
    searchfothetruth

Hey ThiChi,

Whats happened...you've developed a sense of humour!

It suits you mate.

mark

• teejay
    teejay
    Do you realize that agents of your government are seizing American citizens and detaining them without access to counsel -- just like those innocents in cuba -- in violation of the Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, and Seventh Amendments? -- teejay to Yeru

Apologies, Yeru. Please strike the parenthetical comment above: "just like those innocents in cuba."

Special shout-out to SevenofNine.

teejay ~ who stands corrected but loves having the WHOLE truth

• amac
    amac

Yeru -

These guys weren't defending their homes against and invading army. Most of the Al Qaeda nut jobs were foriegners.

I think the point that some are trying to make is that we can all assume this...us on this board because you tell us, and you because of your friends who are closely involved, but nevertheless, without a fair trial, we have no way of knowing if this is true or not. My biggest concern is that these men might get tried by a biased tribunal and then executed. We have a hard enough time not executing innocent people in our own country, and that's with a fair trial by jury.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit