Guantanomo Bay to become death camp!

by Abaddon 85 Replies latest social current

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

It should be remembered that Bush, as governor of Texas, demonstrated a horrid disregard for human life. At the same time that Governor Ryan of Illinois declared a moratorium on that state's executions after 13 inmates were found innocent, Governor Bush went full steam ahead – setting a record for the number of executions by a single state. When asked whether he might reconsider his state's policy of executing death row inmates, Bush callously said: "I'm confident that every person that has been put to death in Texas under my watch has been guilty of the crime charged, and has had full access to the courts."

It's in perfect harmony with Mr. Bush's shallow thinking that every one of those now in custody at Guantanamo are guilty as charged.

Amen teejay. Amen.

Careful though. You are criticizing the President by presenting indisputable facts to substantiate your claim. You are going to be labeled unpatriotic, anti-American, and a bleeding-heart liberal any minute now.

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

Yerusalyim, Thi Chi, since you both don't seem to believe in our constitution, I suggest you move to a communist country like China. You bleeding heart commies.

• riz
    riz
    You bleeding heart commies

And.......TraumaHound is back.

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

Umm it's called humor, my label was just as stupid as calling anyone with differing views a bleeding heart liberal.

• avishai
    avishai

US looks away as new ally tortures Islamists
    I find this statement highly ironic due to the reasons we were in kosovo a few years back, especially because we were HELPING muslims. Against "christians".

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound
    I find this statement highly ironic due to the reasons we were in kosovo a few years back, especially because we were HELPING muslims. Against "christians".

I don't, a born again christian wasn't in power then. My font is bigger than your font. :P

• searchfothetruth
    searchfothetruth

Yeru,

If you read articles one and two of the Geneva Convention that you posted, they describe perfectly the Prisoners of War that you have tied up and gagged in Camp X ray.

'BY your own words they will condemn you...'

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Search,

A) The terrorists kept locked up down in Guantanemo are not kept tied and gagged, try using a little fact.

B) Below are Articles 1 and 2, which of these "describe perfectly" the terrorists in Cuba?

ARTICLE 1

The High Contracting Parties undertake to respect and to ensure respect for the present Convention in all circumstances.

ARTICLE 2

In addition to the provisions which shall be implemented in peace time, the present Convention shall apply to all cases of declared war or of any other armed conflict which may arise between two or more of the High Contracting Parties, even if the state of war is not recognized by one of them.

The Convention shall also apply to all cases of partial or total occupation of the territory of a High Contracting Party, even if the said occupation meets with no armed resistance.

Although one of the Powers in conflict may not be a party to the present Convention, the Powers who are parties thereto shall remain bound by it in their mutual relations. They shall furthermore be bound by the Convention in relation to the said Power, if the latter accepts and applies the provisions thereof.

Trauma Hound,

Welcome back my bleeding heart liberal, political correctness Nazi friend. (I meant that as a joke, to be humorous, just like your "commie comment" I beleive strongly in the Constitution of the United States. I also believe that neither Afghanistan or Cuba are part of the US and that the rights and protections garunateed Citizens of the US don't apply to foriegners in the above mentioned countries. The US Supreme Court seems to agree with me on this issue. As the Judicial Process is part of the Constitution I love so dearly, that's good enough for me.

Simon,

You said,

Many, many of the relatives of victims have expressed their objection to some of the things, including the war in Iraq, being done in the name of their relatives as it has nothing whatsoever to do with justice for those killed.

Really? Who are these folks that oppose the treatment of the terrorists in Cuba? I've seen exactly ONE! All you oppossers (good JW term there) keep trying to link Iraq to 9-11. This is something the Bush/Blair folks really haven't done. Link Iraq to the LARGER war on Terror? Sure, to 9-11? We've really not tried to do that. It's a straw man.

Look folks, sure, lets make sure the killers in Cuba aren't abused, but again, what specific Human Right is being violated?

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    I beleive strongly in the Constitution of the United States. I also believe that neither Afghanistan or Cuba are part of the US and that the rights and protections garunateed Citizens of the US don't apply to foriegners in the above mentioned countries. The US Supreme Court seems to agree with me on this issue. As the Judicial Process is part of the Constitution I love so dearly, that's good enough for me.

Really? It's OK for foreigners on foreign soil to be treated inhumanely by Americans simply because your precious constitution and judicial process allow it? What about the ninth amendment?

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Funk,

How are these guys being treated inhumanely? You've not established any of this. Secondly, yes, the Constitution applies to American Citizens, and to those aliens IN the United States. The Constitution doesn't apply to foriegners outside the US. If it did, we'd be trying the Chinese for violating the religious and free speech rights of it's more than one billion citizens.

9th Amendment?

It states,

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

However, we see from the Preamble that "the people" are the people of the United States.

We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

If we apply the protection of the US constitution to everyone in the World, we need also protect them when their rights under that constitution are violated, thus, we'd be at war with half the world. Is this what you propose?

Again, you say we are treating these killers in Cuba inhumanely. HOW!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit