Mother arrested after child put in washing machine

by Cassiline 115 Replies latest jw friends

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Oh and another thing, there are so many on this board whom you have to know have been abused as children. Terrible abuse. I know we can't always watch everything we say and do , so as to not offend someone, but we are talking about child abuse. We are not talking about racism, or war, or what so and so said etc. etc These are topics that we can discuss as adults and have our own opinions on. But here we are talking abouta helpless little child, and we have in our midst here many that have made it out of an abusive cult, have faced their abused childhood past and no doubt this has really stirred some triggers. Maybe that is why some of us feel so passionatly about it. I just think that if we see we may be offending someone in such a sensitive subject why keep adding to it? WHy not take a step back and think that maybe this is making some one very sad, maybe it happened in their family, maybe it is bringing back bad memories? It is just discussion board etiquette, IMO, to know when to Shut the hell up.

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

What a terrible thing to do to a child. I sure hope the child is ok and they get the mother some serious help.

• chachasmum
    chachasmum

LyinEyes

THANK YOU for your insightfulness.

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Inhumane , all around, simple as that!

Guest 77

• teejay
    teejay

I saw this thread early this morning and pretty much knew what the story was and what my response to it would be. I thought I'd finally click on it and see why it's grown to five pages...

My sense of humor is as well-developed as anyone's and I see nothing humorous about the story. I also can't understand how someone could possibly see anything funny other than that they have a warped sense of humor.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

@teejay

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Brummie, I'll have you know I was raised by spiderman, and that crack about daddy-longlegs hurt!

• Gopher
    Gopher
    What a terrible thing to do to a child.
    INHUMANE.

If the mother did this out in PUBLIC, imagine what she likely has done to her child while nobody was looking. This reminds me of another mother who was caught (on videotape) physically abusing her child in a parking lot. If memory serves, she acted like it was something unusual--you just caught her on a bad day. (boo hoo for that mom, she got caught!)

What we see in public is the tip of the iceberg about how children are treated behind the scenes. Instead of even being the slightest bit humorous, this behavior is DAMN SHOCKING.

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

This is the type of story that confirms my beliefs one should be required to have a license to have children.~~ Cassi
    That is a nice sentiment, but in reality it is unworkable. If someone were to have a child without a license, what would we do to them? Take away the child? Imagine how much trauma that would cause a child to be ripped away from their parents just because they don't have a piece of paper. Government bureacray is so bad at tracking pedophiles now, imainge how poorly they would adminster this proposal!~~ Big Tex

Because cars are both useful and potentially dangerous, governments regulate how they can be used and by whom. Drivers must follow rules on the road or lose their driving privileges.

The same principle applies to owning a pet. Most people live in relatively close proximity in cities, towns and suburbs, and pets can affect the health and well being of the community. So, for everyone’s protection, local or county governments regulate pet ownership.

I understand your point Big Tex. But the fact remains that we have to have a license to get married drive a car and have a dog. Ownership of a dog seems to require more hassle then to have a child. It seems to me that a dog has more people assuring they are ok and well taken care of then a human child.

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

TJ, there is a local witness that I personally know that has such a warp sense of humor. He gets a charge of seeing or hearing such demented stories. I cannot for the life of me see any possible humor in this incident and I'm a humorous person plus I loveeeeeeee to kid/joke around. This incident is no joke. I heard this story at 4 AM, and I'm still shaking my head in disgust.

I remember listening to a news story last year about a man keeping his daughter in the closet till the age of 13! This story was horrific. The girl was found to be in a balled position and she had the mind of a five year old. Anyone who finds such stories humorous are sick puppies.

Guest 77

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit