Mother arrested after child put in washing machine

by Cassiline 115 Replies latest jw friends

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Well, to be honest Hamas, you didn't really seem to try to make that point, I had to guess (edited to add: oops, saw your other replies, guess you did try to make that point). But I understood how someone can find the headline funny. I could see alot of stand-up comedians doing routines based on this story.

I hope no one thinks I take any of this stuff lightly... except where it is appropriate to. Often I find that a person who is suicidal, can get to a point where the ridiculousness of suicide is worth a light joke or two. Same with victims of child abuse, both sexual and physical. Not that they joke about it on a forum like this, but in private, sometimes they do. I see that as a good sign. Child abuse really is ridiculous, and humor is one way to seperate the great cosmic joke, ie, the perpetrator, from the person we should take seriously, the victim.

If I'm not mistaken, I believe Drew Carey's early stand-up material would be an example of this.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

GIt: Thunder didn't find it funny either so in regards to your estrogen comment is say BITE ME

it seems reasonable to think that the authorities will deal with it in a manner that protects the child from further harm.

Hmm Six you have more faith in the authorities than I do. I wonder if Gary and Larry Bass here in KC thought that same thing. While they starved to death in their own bedroom. Hmm wonder if the babies near here that were strapped in their carseats and put in the attic, while it was freezing and the rats were chewing on them.

I wonder if the kids that are "missing' in Florida due to the inadequecies of the DFS system, thought that.

• freedom96
    freedom96

Why people would act this way is just beyond me. Sick. I vote for her motherhood to be officially over forever.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

So watcha gonna do about it Sheila?

• shera
    shera

I still don't see how laughing can be dismissed....I don't consider this in any way humor or as a joke. Yes,I find this touching my last nerve and I don't like how some people are reacting to this.

The mother probley didn't want this to happen????..on the camra,she was seen taking the child out and putting her in another...opps..I put my daughter in the washing machine and the lid shut..

I can't see why people can see any type of humor in a child's torment.

I'm done with this topic.

• bigboi
    bigboi

The mother had to be on some type of drug or something. I find this really hard to believe.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Six: Do you mean I get to beat your butt or what do I do in my own life to help this issue. A LOT and I think living a life by example is a good thing. Let's see I could tell you about the children I've helped, I could tell you the TIMES I've called and reported. I could tell you all the times I speak and laugh with children to make them know they are important and so they can see a different face with a smile just for them. I could tell you my frustration with the DFS and my struggle to become a child advocate, is that enough...oh AND I DON'T LAUGH at a child being tortured.

(still love ya though)

Shera: I understand your frustration

• Mary
    Mary
    Just because I laughed at this story? If you take things too seriously in life mate, you will worry yourslf to death

You're absolutely right...........let's all put Hamas in a great big washing machine, with lots of soap, hot water, close the locked door and stand there and laugh our asses off at him as he struggles in vain for air. After all, we wouldn't want to take things like this too seriously....................whether the mother is mentally ill or she just wanted to be rid of her child, this is no laughing matter.

• Hamas
    Hamas

Gita;

LOL , thankyou that sums it all up nicely. Great pic!

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Mary; Now that might work, I'm sure after a few cycles it wouldn't be funny anymore.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit