Most Annoying "Kingdom song?"

by doodle-v 95 Replies latest jw experiences

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

I remember a 1984 Watchtower which is the blueprint for all weddings. What is appropriate, not appropriate, blah blah blah. Yes, the wedding march is too worldly, only Kingdom melodies should and can be played. That one about marriage is the one I usually heard at weddings. Something about pearls strung together, that's the only lyrics I remember, which is really too much.

• Gopher
    Gopher

"There's Balsam in fair Gilead.. what the heck was that about?"

Yeah that was one of the most obtuse songs they ever had. It was linking a natural substance for healing found in certain trees to "spiritual healing" that can come from applying the Bible to your life.

So whenever you have trials or are depressed, just whip out the Bible and , voila! your troubles will start to vanish. (Or if you're a JW, whip out the Watchtower Publications Index, and find out what the Watchtower publications have to say about whatever's bugging you.)

• logansrun
    logansrun

Geez, I don't remember the name, but it went: "be happy, be happy....." and then "be joyful, be joyful...." God, you ever see the Stepford Wives? Well, this is the Stepford Religion.

Bradley

• integ
    integ

life without end at last was the best one musically.....it sounds good with distortion on an electric guitar..i used to play it at get togethers and people would laugh nervously...of course i was doing it just to be fun as a joke. That was my 'worldliness coming through".

• doodle-v
    doodle-v

I remember a 1984 Watchtower which is the blueprint for all weddings. What is appropriate, not appropriate, blah blah blah. Yes, the wedding march is too worldly, only Kingdom melodies should and can be played. That one about marriage is the one I usually heard at weddings. Something about pearls strung together, that's the only lyrics I remember, which is really too much. I remember that article too, no overly large cakes, confettii was definatley a no-no, no dresses with looong trains. how booooring can you get? this is the only verse i remember from the "kingdom melody for weddings" Chords of three strands are stronger than that of only two when god is in a marriage then problems will be feeeeeeeew snooooooore

• doodle-v
    doodle-v

have any of you guys ever thought about joining a Baptist church to experience the music? I have. I want to go to a black chuch just because I think the gospel music is much more inspiring. Everyone is up clapping. And they only allow people in the choir who can really sing! hehe

• caligirl
    caligirl

I think all of them are annoying, and I have discovered that many bear suspicious resemblance to many musical works written by actual composers, which lowered my opinion of them even more, if that is possible.

• Gopher
    Gopher
    many bear suspicious resemblance to many musical works written by actual composers

This makes them VERY annoying. Nothing like a little musical plagiarism. Of course their whole religion is very unoriginal (except for the false prophecies).

• shamus
    shamus

Why even bother have that crappy music at your wedding??? It was sooo bad!

Why did people even want to get married in a KH????? Like, yeah! I want to get married in a place w/ cheap carpets and utilitarian chairs. I told EVERYONE that the LAST place I would get married is there! They all did not like that comment too much, but that was the truth, even when I was a good boy!

• Litebriterstill
    Litebriterstill

One of my worst songs was "From house to house, from door to door, together we must go....." I hated going and I hated singing about going. My kids and husband did too. I have appologised to them for those years of "loving torture".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit