LoveUniHateExams

@Humbled - your comment is a variation on "oh the crusades!"

It's a bit like saying ...

Muhammad beheaded Jews.

Muhammad was an Arab.

Therefore Arabs today owe Jews.

• humbled
    humbled

And you never read a goddam word of my previous posts . Neither you nor Simon have a clue. I referenced absolutely nothing on the Crusades to the effing holy lands.

You straw man me to death.

• recovering
    recovering

I find it interesting that some here will only accept that Muslims are the sole perpetrators of atrocities. They neglect the current atrocities being perpetrated in the name of Christianity. For example Warren Jeffs .

A woman who was forced into marriage at the age of 14 while under the control of paedophile Mormon polygamist Warren Jeffs's cult has recounted her harrowing ordeal.
    The woman, Elissa Wall, revealed how her own mother resorted to holding her daughter's hand at the altar in a bid to calm her down as she was forced to marry her 19-year-old cousin, whom she despised....
    When asked by Cooper whether anyone tried to stop the arranged marriage or help her, Elissa said: 'Before my marriage had been commanded, we had been taken away from [my father] and he didn't fight for us.
    'We were given to another man's children. My mother was resold to another man, and my mother didn't have the ability to say no

• Simon
    Simon
    I find it interesting that some here will only accept that Muslims are the sole perpetrators of atrocities. They neglect the current atrocities being perpetrated in the name of Christianity. For example Warren Jeffs

Yeah, you're right - the real threat to mankind is extremist Mormon Polygamists, millions of them, massing on the border, with their terror networks and all the FGM that goes on.

Thank god that obscure "Islam" cult with only a few thousand members isn't in the same ballpark, otherwise they could cause misery to millions.

• recovering
    recovering

What about the violence perpetrated in the name of Christianity? I will give examples below.

Tennessee Valley Unitarian Universalist Church shooting, July 27, 2008. On July 27, 2008, Christian Right sympathizer Jim David Adkisson walked into the Tennessee Valley Unitarian Universalist Church in Knoxville, Tennessee during a children’s play and began shooting people at random. Two were killed, while seven others were injured but survived. Adkisson said he was motivated by a hatred of liberals, Democrats and gays.

Timothy McVeigh, America’s most notorious domestic terrorist, was obsessed with the Seventh-Day Aventist splinter group known as the Branch Davidians, who resisted an ATF raid on their citadel at Mount Carmel in 1993. He travelled to Waco, Texas during the Waco Siege and heavily supported the religious extremists within it. Two years later, he detonated a fertilizer bomb at the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City, killing a hundred and sixty-eight people, including nineteen children, and wounded 648 others. This Christian specifically targeted innocent civilians and committed horrific acts of violence to make his political point heard – something Mr. Huckabee believes he should be incapable of, since he’s not a Muslim.

• hybridous
    hybridous

The only reason that we know the name 'Timothy McVeigh'...

...is that he is/was...the outlier, not the rule.

• recovering
    recovering

That's the rub. in the U.S. more.domestic terrorism is.perpetrated by supposed Christians than Muslims. I.of course.condemn both Muslim and Christian terrorism. I am just illustrating that religious extremists are all.dangerous. I condemn them all. I further wanted.to illustrate the danger of being ethnocentric.

According to the FBI, 94 percent of terrorist attacks in the United States since 1980 were perpetrated by non-Muslims.

• wizzstick
    wizzstick
    and all the FGM that goes on

FGM is not a Muslim practice. It’s a regional one. Christians and Jews also practice it. See #9:

https://www.hrw.org/news/2010/06/16/qa-female-genital-mutilation

It predates Christianity and Islam.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

FGM is not a Muslim practice. It’s a regional one - this is correct. FGM isn't exclusively an Islamic practice.

But FGM is common across parts of Africa and the Middle East - mostly areas in which Muslims dominate other religious people.

One thing we can say for sure: FGM is not a Western practice.

It only occurs in the West because it has been imported along with immigrants.

• Simon
    Simon
    According to the FBI, 94 percent of terrorist attacks in the United States since 1980 were perpetrated by non-Muslims.

Stats are great aren't they? You can prove anything with them ...

The same stats for instance show that more people were killed by Islamic terrorists, so it really comes down to how things are counted for "more" ... are 10 half-baked plots by odd nuts that kill no-one "more" than a single plot by 25 Muslims that kill thousands?

At least you didn't do the usual trick when it comes to talking about Islamic terrorists which is to say "Since [the day after 9/11] the number of ..."

But you are implying that these other attacks were "Christian" and here's the important part - they were not, even if the people may have been, it was not the driver for them. Most look like they are politically motivated. The Islamic attacks are most definitely linked to both a religious and a political ideology, both driving the other which is why it is often so dangerous.

Other groups struggle to recruit and are usually stopped by law enforcement. Islam has billions of potential recruits with the seeds of extremism already rattling round their heads by the mental disease they carry.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit