Need Help: My Correspondence with the Headquarters

by Lobsto 154 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

scholar,

Show us how the WTS arrives at 537. I have given everyone the URL to my Study which provides detailed explanations why they cannot prove it. Why should I be interested in the date? It's of no consequence to me -- but it is everything to the WTS.

My detailed explanation cannot be swept aside without an answer.

Exactly where has the WTS provided the proof? - Precisely where?

Doug

• scholar
    scholar

LeeT

What particular events in 607 BCE do you think marked this transformation to World Power Status? Do you think conquering Judah, a fairly insignificant power in a strategically important region marked a tipping point whereas defeating Assyria didn't?

-------------

Absolutely because Jerusalem typically represented the Kingdom of God which is thematic to the book of Daniel so that would have to overwhelmingly significant. Confirmation of this is found on page 85 in Commentary on the Old Testament,Daniel, 1978, vol.IX by C.F.Keil and F. Delitzsch

scholar

• scholar
    scholar

Doug Mason

Your study already has canvassed the arguments and methodology used by WT in support of 537 BCE but you do not provide an alternative so unless you can argue for a better date your criticisms although interesting have little value.

scholar

• scholar
    scholar

johnamos

Frankly, the end of Assyria as a World power is of little consequence except that it paved the way for the emerging power of Babylon which later became the instrument in the fulfillment of the 70 years. Our publications discuss the end of Assyria either in terms of the Fall of Nineveh in 632 BCE corrected to 612 and with the death of King Josiah with Necho, King of Egypt in 629 BCE corrected to 609 BCE in order to placate the critics.So the fall of Assyria with whatever date is simply too fuzzy and cannot be used as the datum for the seventy years.

scholar

• scholar
    scholar

Finkelstein

o Scholar are you a practicing baptized Jehovah Witness ?

And perhaps how would you like to comment about the WTS's date setting of 1914 and their chronological calculation when Jesus himself said clearly that no one knows of the time not even he.

He also admonished is true faithful followers to not set a time upon god's own sacred time.

There is much condemnation and warning of false prophets in the bible as well such as 1 John 4:1 .------------

Proudly Yes

Have you not heard of the Gentile Times? Such a doctrine underscores 1914CE

scholar

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I’m impressed you got a response at all, never mind such a long one.

I know JWs who have written letters and never got a word back.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Have you not heard of the Gentile Times?

Have you not heard of Jesus Christ the son of god Jehovah ?

Your so called celebrated scholars of the JWS place more importance and loyalty to themselves as sinful imperfect men and their interpretation of prophecy than the god who is going to offer you your salvation dependent upon the loyalty, obedience and subservience to him.

But that's the game they played and unfortunately there will be no salvation for yourself and the rest of the followers of those sinful commercialized false prophets.

Nevertheless consider yourself now witnessed to .

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Scholar

Ok, you admit you can't find one secular scholar that accepts 607 BCE as the date for Jerusalem's destruction.

How about one non-WT affiliated Bible scholar that accepts 607?

Right now you remind me of the mother who proudly views her son in a military parade and exclaims, "Look my son is the only one in step!"

• scholar
    scholar

Vanderhoven7

I do not know one non-WT affiliated Bible scholar that accepts 607 BCE for the Fall.

scholar

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

I do not know one non-WT affiliated Bible scholar that accepts 607 BCE for the Fall.

Thank you for your frankness. Why do you suppose that is? Could it be that Bible scholars aren't scholarly or somewhat prejudiced? What is your take?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit