Need Help: My Correspondence with the Headquarters

by Lobsto 154 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie

I give credit to anyone who tries to wade in on the topics of the trinity and 607 BCE.

I would find it like trying to wrestle a large octopus. Once a true "sport?".

Image result for wrestle an octopus

• Room 215
    Room 215

The length of their response is impressive. I have the impression that it may well be a form letter which they can trot out anytime sometime writes in a similar question related to neo-Babylonian chronology.

• zeb
    zeb

Dear Lobsto,

greetings.

Please ... the wts will not for a second admit/agree or consider with anothers point of view.

The 1914 thing is the very pin on which the entire watchtower by what evr name ... hangs. If jesus himselfwere to appear before the UN and this fully televised around the world and speak and thereby literally deny the wt 1914 thing they would still nay say and deny him.

I admire your honesty of heart but they will not concede a full stop. If somehow you proved them wrong beyond any doubt any any at all would they apologize? No as they are afflicted with such self importance that corporate humility is denied them

Live long and prosper in wisdom, health and love.

• SadElder
    SadElder

Lobsto.... you know of course that they sent a copy of your letter and this one to your congregation. Their last paragraph in typical dismissive Watchtower tone is telling you don't bother us anymore with this drivel because we are too high and mighty to deal with this.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

While ancient commercial cuneiform documents, inscriptions,

and king lists provide some definitive information, when these

disagree with the Bible's chronology.

But they dont since the bible states that Nebuchadnezzar's final invasion and destruction of Jerusalem occurred in his 19th year of his rein. (586 BCE)

So from all the acquired archeological findings and the bible it makes 586 the correct year. Since Cypress overthrows Babylon in 539 and releases the Hebrews shortly after , one could say the desolation was only 47 to 49 years in length.

There is much evidence that the WTS is being dismissive about because it contradicts their 7 times theology thereby ruining 1914, which in actuality is apostasy against Jesus's own words of the time.

• sir82
    sir82

I'm surprised the letter from them has that much detail.

Their reasoning is specious, of course, but at least they acknowledge the sources which discredit their attempts to use 607. That's more than they've ever done in print.

It might well be a form letter as Room 215 suggests. It would be interesting for someone else to submit another query and see if they get the same reply.

I'm also surprised that they don't really chide the letter writer or give him "counsel" to concentrate on "important" things like knocking on the doors of empty houses. That too seems to be a shift from what they've done in the past.

• Finally Left
    Finally Left

What I have always wanted to ask them is this. We no longer believe in typical, anti typical interpretation of the Bible after decades of these teachings. This is a typical, anti typical teaching. The first or typical interpretation is Nebuchadnezzar going mad (tree cut down and banded) then his rulership restored. Then they shove this into an anti typical with Jesus and 1914. Either we believe in typical, antitypical or we do not.

Am I missing something?

•  The Bethelite
    The Bethelite

Read Ray Franz's book this will describe his whole dismissal from Bethel (along with Ed Dunlap) was because they couldn't find any secular historians that could support the 607 BC theory.

PS "However, if you continue to have questions regarding this matter, feel free to speak with your congregation elders."

Ask the Elders? Yes, I'm sure Joe the elder who works on the garage truck or Tom the janitor or maybe Larry the car salesman can explain this mumble jumble better than we can!

PSS "Lobsto.... you know of course that they sent a copy of your letter and this one to your congregation."

Yes, meaning get ready for a committee meaning!

"It seems like your brother Lobsto is having some doubts about the organization."

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

I would highly suggest the book The Gentile Times Reconsidered by Carl Olof Jonson.

Here is a link to the PDF version: The Gentile Times Reconsidered

Olof's book completely and comprehensively demolishes the WT findings with solid indisputable facts.

This former friend went back and forth corresponding with the WTS proving point by point until they told him to keep his research to himself and not to spread it.

The WTS knew they had been proven wrong. Thank you Mr. Jonson!

• EverApostate
    EverApostate
    While ancient commercial cuneiform documents, inscriptions, and king lists provide some definitive information, when these disagree with the Bible's chronology, we choose to rely on the inspired Word of God.

That is why they believe that the whole Universe came into Existence 6000 years before(Of course they are slyly revising it now to get in alignment with the real age of this Universe.)

Noah’s flood. The Bible gives out a vivid account of it. But there is no single shred of Archaeological evidence that it happened.

That is why they beleive the talking snake and Donkeys in the Bible.

You cannot argue with cult leaders and make them accept that they are wrong

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit