New light on shunning?

by Mikejw 86 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Mikejw
    Mikejw

One theory why Tony was booted out was because he was a stickler for not changing the shunning doctrine. He actually said the words we will never ever change it.

They are slowly deleting all of Tony’s videos and now losing court cases and losing government hand outs in places like Norway.

it’s looking very likely they will release new light on shunning policy after losing this latest one in Norway.

What are the odds they coincidentally get new light from Jehovah and lighten up their shunning policy ?

Steve Let’s comes in next update and says the governing body does not have an issue with beards

talking to disfellowshipped ones. Why not? Because the Bible doesn’t tell us this.

Just imagine the change if they come out and release new light on shunning? It would be monumental even larger than billions may survive Armageddon 2023 AGM new light.

Imagine millions of JWs with loved ones they have been told to shun for years or even decades. Now they are told they can actually talk to them after all in some new light.

Just like the beards thing, you would get many many the same day they hear the new light would go and contact loved ones.

These loved ones who have been shunned for years even decades have had to deal with immense trauma and have had to do a lot of work to get over it.

They had to accept their JW family won’t ever talk to them ever again and move on, some of these shunned ones have had to do a lot of internal work to move on with their lives.

If the GB do have new light from Jehovah and these ones all get connected again, it will bring back all the trauma that they did so much work to cope with

• Magnum
    Magnum

I don't know what's going to happen, but it's interesting to watch the situation. Some tell me to just forget JWdom, and then they go home and watch fictional series on TV. What I'm watching is real stuff. I'm watching a situation concerning an organization that greatly affected my life. It's not just interesting, but also educational and enlightening; it's a study in human nature, in psychology, in deception, in organizational behavior, etc.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Could you see the GB deciding that DF/shunning would only apply to those persisting in their "sin"? Or, only to those actively speaking against "The Truth" (or the "glorious ones")?

I do not think that relaxing the position on the shunning of those who no longer persist in their sin or who do not actively "oppose" the religion would have much of a harmful effect on the Organization.

Anything and everything there is that is negative about WT/JW's is already at the fingertips of anyone with a computer or a smartphone. Most JW's are ignorant of the negative stuff because THEY WANT TO BE IGNORANT OF IT. For most of them that attitude will never change.

JMHO

Doc

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

From Mike and Kims channel.

Mikey always says that "ignorance is a choice". Now.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH
    They could soften the stance over time, but it would need to be clarified as official doctrine in order to appease governments that will withhold funds or recognition. That and the blood policy will, in my mind, eventually be changed enough that they may as well not exist anymore. But it's a difficult road for them to walk, because shunning has always been a very powerful way to control people.
  • Gorb
    Gorb

In the 90's we had the same discussions.

Great evenings with a lot of friends.

Expetations! Much changed and not mutch changed!

Life your life is my advice.

G.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

I know. I know. Hmf.

" beliefs clarified".

In other words our belief ""eff ups"". LoL.

🤣

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

MAGNUM:

I agree with you that what’s going on in the JW religion is real stuff and not some fiction on TV.

Not that there’s anything wrong with watching fiction on TV, but people have a right to see what’s going on in an organization that has affected many people’s lives.

When I saw the change at the recent annual meeting where they took away the century old requirement to report hours, I took notice! I was judged over this! Thank God I never listened…I know it means zero now that I was persona non grata and not invited to special dinners back then because I worked.. But, I am mindful that others who did listen are far more impacted!

I wish them all the best and hope they get a break.

• Mikejw
    Mikejw

The question is what would it take to get the Norway government to resume giving money to the Borg?

How much shunning could they still get away with or would it have to be none at all?

Is there any sneaky way that the Borg could try to make the court think they have done away with shunning but tell rank and file it’s hot to them or something

• Mikejw
    Mikejw

I wouldn’t put anything past the sneaky fat GB these days.

They may do something to appease the authorities and then find a way to alleviate responsibility and say it’s a personal decision if you speak to dissed loved ones.

Then everyone seeing that the GB official stance is no shunning but the rank and file still shun because they have been brainwashed to thinking Jehovah actually wants them to do so

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit