by Mikejw 86 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    NotFormer - “… disfellowshipped are treated better than disassociated?”

On paper?

No.

In practice?

Abso-fucking-lutely.

DAs are - except in rare occasions - “apostates”…

…who are now Satan’s little helpers.

Condemned murderers on death row would get preached to before a voluntarily DAed XJW.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

I think that, before 1980 or 1981, a person who disassociated themself was generally left alone. Assuming there was no sin or other issue to adjudicate, there wasn't much else to do. JWs could treat them like a normal JW with regards to socializing, though I suppose the expectation was that this person did not want to associate with them. So I guess it was out of sight, out of mind.

When they wanted to close the book on Ray Franz, they found that he was employed by a DA person, and would go out to lunch with his boss, as it were. So they changed the policy and said JWs were to treated DA people as if they had been disfellowshipped. Sitting down to a meal with such a person would, therefore, lead to a JC and possible (or, in Franz's case, guaranteed) DF. How this change affected anyone else meant nothing to them. They wanted to be done with Franz and they did whatever it took.

That's who they are. Whatever changes are taking place now don't really mean anything until they face up to all of the crap they pulled over the past hundred+ years, starting with how they railroaded Franz. And if doing so were to cause the whole house to crumble, well... something about ends and means. Mind you, I know they won't do that. But as they ease up and make these changes, let's not forget all of the mistakes on the ledger.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Found this on F.B

May be an image of text

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    redsetter2 - Tony's departure was a very small part of this. He knew these changes were going to happen anyway, he was simply trying to slow down the changes.”

Huh.

In light of all those incendiary comments he’d made over the years, most of us here figured he’d been angrily and stubbornly blocking the supermajority vote needed to implement the reforms, and was refusing to budge.

If he really just had misgivings at the speed of their implementation, that suggests a much more level-headed stance than we thought…

…because IMO, that speed is indeed fucking bonkers.

I can barely imagine any scenario where it doesn’t all end in a hot mess.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

Vidiot: "I can barely imagine any scenario where it doesn’t all end in a hot mess."

They waited too long. Now they're playing catch-up; trying to look like the decent, level-headed human beings that they never were. 🙄

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

Vidiot and Notformer - WTC can't move fast enough to counter the exodus of young JWs. They can't affords to move slowly - seriously.

I liken it to a Pizza parlor manager yelling at disgusted customers as they run away:

"Don't over-react - it's just a rat! We are offering 2 slices for 1. I'm adding WIFI too and emptying the garbage! Did you hear me? The toilets are being un-stopped and new rat traps are on the way! I bought deodorant and new underwear - and gloves - and washing hands after the bathroom is suggested for all waiters and kitchen staff! Hey, did you hear me??!!

Based on all the bad PR from Europe, Australia, New Zealand and other places where decent people still have moral compasses, I think they waited too long to stop flipping the bird to publishers.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

VIDIOT:

I agree that there IS a distinction in the minds of Jehovah’s Witnesses regarding a Disfellowshipped person versus a Disassociated person.

A Disfellowshipped person would be viewed as more ‘desirable’ in their eyes because they have a ‘weakness’ and the religion rejected them. They can ask to come back.

Whereas a Disassociated person has seen through the religion and doesn’t want any of it!.. Very Bad in the egotistical religion’s eyes! How Dare anybody reject their magnificence!

• Elena
    Elena

Thomas I love your illustrations.

Yes more young people are learning than staying

these desperate last min attempts prove they are in panic mode

its not working so they will try even more reforms but they won’t work either

• jehovaxx
    jehovaxx

This is one of the best videos that describes what all dfed ones are going through now

https://youtu.be/-_1cV350OfM?si=Zd6kyoqETN5bY6P3

I wonder how many millions of dfed ones have gotten calls from family or friends and then elder’s contacted them?

it could be in the tens of millions

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange
    I agree that there IS a distinction in the minds of Jehovah’s Witnesses regarding a Disfellowshipped person versus a Disassociated person.
    A Disfellowshipped person would be viewed as more ‘desirable’ in their eyes because they have a ‘weakness’ and the religion rejected them. They can ask to come back.
    Whereas a Disassociated person has seen through the religion and doesn’t want any of it!.. Very Bad in the egotistical religion’s eyes! How Dare anybody reject their magnificence!

There are those who took the route of DAing to avoid the inquisition of 3 nosy-ass elders. Easier to give them the finger and send a letter saying FU, than giving them an audience where they treat you like shit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit