Serious Question: Are You Hearing About Anyone With The Flu Anymore or A Cold?

by minimus 135 Replies latest jw friends

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

I get a yearly flu shot AND I got the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine. I'm waiting for my 3rd eye to appear, but it hasn't happened yet.

• minimus
    minimus

Covid keeps spreading because stupid people keep flouting regulations….. Jeffro you are something . Smart people did as they were told. Double or triple masked, literally isolated themselves and went nowhere, took the shots, and still got it. You ooze with arrogance.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

Triple masked, 12 hours a day, even while showering.... especially while showering.

That aught to do it. We are now all safe.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

If someone literally isolated themselves so that they had no contact with anyone potentially infected, it would be physically impossible to contract the virus, even if they weren’t vaccinated. So either you, or the anecdotes you’re alluding to, are lying. It remains the case that it is the stupid people flouting regulations who massively increase the vectors for spreading the virus far beyond what would be the case of occasional inadvertent breaches.

• minimus
    minimus

I know of someone who went nowhere and still got the virus.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

If someone literally isolated themselves so that they had no contact with anyone potentially infected, it would be physically impossible to contract the virus, even if they weren’t vaccinated.

How do you propose they breathe? Or are you saying they would have to have a completely self-contained air supply that was also isolated from any contamination from the air that surrounds the globe?

Minimus is correct in his appraisal.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

@jeffro: if that is the case, then why is the flu not spreading according to the data? The evasion of the protective measures should have both diseases spread at the same time and with similar rates. Hence my notion, which is demonstrated by the CDC documentation that the tests for COVID also include influenza markers and as a result, anyone with the flu gets lumped in with COVID.

• minimus
    minimus

Fed and anonymous, 👍👍

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

FedUpJW:

How do you propose they breathe? Or are you saying they would have to have a completely self-contained air supply that was also isolated from any contamination from the air that surrounds the globe?

Come on, that’s not even a good straw man attack. COVID-19 isn’t an airborne virus in the manner implied.

It’s funny that certain people are so willing to accept an unverifiable anecdote about a self-assessment of diligent isolation.

The claim that ‘anyone with flu gets lumped in with COVID’ is obviously false because there are still flu statistics. Other posters have already provided information about why flu numbers were seasonally low, and the US is not currently in flu season.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

@Jeffro: COVID is an airborne pathogen, that has long been established long before the WHO which on direction by China continued to say it wasn’t. That’s also the reason that are isolated are getting it, and why people with masks are getting it, they are sharing air supplies with others, it’s not sneeze particles, it’s not surface contact.

The flu statistics are extremely low. They dropped from 1000 per month at the start of the pandemic to 0 or less than 10 in the last few months. It is nigh impossible for in a population of 300M to get 0 positive test cases in a month. As you can clearly see from the link posted, the CDC recommended test for COVID and influenza A and B is currently a single test.

Also a bit related, the VAERS database on COVID vaccine side effects quietly updated their data and doubled the cases of death last week. This puts the vaccine side effects of death in the first 6 months of this year at 12,000, more than all the cases of death related to vaccines in the last 50 years combined.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit