New ANTI-GAY video for Kids on jw.org

by ttdtt 234 Replies latest jw experiences

• M*A*S*H
    M*A*S*H

A better video would be the little girl coming home and saying she might be gay... I would like to see the reaction to that.

I wonder if any JW parent showing this video to their child has ever considered their child might already know (or suspect) they are gay? What kind of psychological damage that could cause is beyond contemplating.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I'm merely trying to get to the heart of why this is not just doctrine but encouraging homophobia in kids. It shouldn't be downplayed like it is.

This has gone off course the title of the op is not anti gay video its anti gay video for kids.

FOR KIDS.....................freemindfade

Which is Disgusting..

Regardless of how Apologists would Like to Spin It..

..............................Image result for thumb up through screen

• dubstepped
    dubstepped
    M*A*S*H - A better video would be the little girl coming home and saying she might be gay... I would like to see the reaction to that.

Great point. My wife and I had a family that we were close with from a rural area about an hour away. Their little girl said constantly since the time she was well, a little girl, that she wanted to be a boy. She always kept her hair short and wore boy clothes except at meetings and in service. We found out later in life that as a teen she was asking other girls if they would find her attractive if she was a boy. Her parents were hard core, very rigid in their dubdom. We lost contact once they moved away and now that we've disassociated I'm sure they'd never in a million years talk to us, but I wonder what happened to their daughter. She clearly had issues from early on, and her parents would NOT accept any alternative anything. I hope she found peace despite all of the hateful messages that she heard and what her family would say.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I was in the FS group of an elder in our cong. They had a little boy who loved to wear his older sisters clothes and handbags from when he was a toddler, he would cry when they took them away from him and smacked him and told him Jehovah doesn't like boys to wear girls clothes. He was a baby, he didn't understand this, he only knew what he liked. My heart broke for him, he was the sweetest little boy. I wondered what this was doing his psyche.

• ttdtt
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade

Cofty

In this instance I would define it this way.

Little girl notices something different. She has no thought on it but curiosity.

Mom noticing the little girl hasn't formed a disgust for this practice is afraid now not that her child will just accept it but could now practice it.

She has teach her child this behavior is something to be feared. How? This will get you banned from paradise like someone with a bomb will get banned from the airport. Fear

Now the little girl will carry this fear with her and her own sexual development. But wait there is more! She is gonna let this other girl in on the fear using the punishment reward scenario.

Jw homophobia boils down to if we don't hate what Jehovah hates then we accept it. The child was a blank slate for discrimination in this case and mom demonstrated how to draw fear on that slate and bigotry.

That is how I define it here.

• cofty
    cofty

JW children have always been taught that practising gay people will not be in paradise. I was taught that 40 years ago.

In fact they have always been taught that 9.99999% of humanity will not be in paradise.

This is nothing new. The cartoon is a PR disaster but to us the content is old hat. I understand non-JWs expressing shock but I am puzzled why the forum is behaving as if something has changed.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Yes they've always taught it but putting a cartoon on jworg is new! This is making it more visible to the world how they brainwash their kids.

Tm3 was always am asshole but most didn't know it until the now famous tight pants talk. Its about their ugly side coming out from behind the love bombing and good press . more visible

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Zero homosexual JW's can find a mate.

There have been plenty of gay JWs that have married a JW of the opposite sex. As Sophia's mom explains, "...he (Jehovah) knows how we can be happiest. That's why he invented marriage the way he did.... And you know what? People can change!" Pretty straightforward here that marriage (one man and one woman marriage, that is) is supposed to guarantee happiness. And Sophia's mom says plainly that a person's sexual orientation can change. Makes it pretty clear that as far as she is concerned, whether she's with a man or a woman doesn't matter to her, but she married a dude because Jehovah said it would make her happy and get her into paradise. Maybe she had to dump a girlfriend in order to get through the Kingdumb Haul gaydar detector.

So now Sophia is supposed to start recruiting her little classmate so those two mommies will get gay divorced and marry a couple of fine JW brothers, perhaps also gay divorced. Homosexual JWs marrying a JW of the opposite sex in order to change their desires? Homer Simpson was more accurate when he explained, "I guess some people never change. Or, they quickly change, and then quickly change back."

• cofty
    cofty
    This is making it more visible to the world how they brainwash their kids.

I agree.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit