New ANTI-GAY video for Kids on jw.org

by ttdtt 234 Replies latest jw experiences

• cofty
    cofty
    It's like me saying, if you want to you can stop being straight. And because of that, if you don't you will have to be celibate until you die. - wizzstick

It's more like saying if you are not in a hetrosexual marriage you will have to remain celibate until armageddon which is "just around the corner".

• wizzstick
    wizzstick

It is relevant, the ones that don't find a mate are expected to remain celibate.

The JW position is no sex outside marriage. It's ridiculous but it isn't hate.

I wonder if gay JW's would agree with such a viewpoint?

I say again:

Most heterosexual JW's find a mate.

Zero homosexual JW's can find a mate.
  • wizzstick
    wizzstick

It's more like saying if you are not in a hetrosexual marriage you will have to remain celibate until armageddon which is "just around the corner".

Crofty - I'm genuinely stunned you're failing to see this.

Gay JW's will presumably change their nature into heterosexual once the big A has been and gone.

Straight JW's will not. They will stay straight.

But in the real world, gay people can't change. That is how they are. The WT is suggesting they can change - if they want to please God.

I suggest you speak to gay ex-JW's, as I have, and understand how utterly miserable this situtaion was for them. It wasn't about being unable to find a mate due to circumstances outside of their control, but being FORBIDDEN to find a mate.

With any heterosexual JW there is always a chance.

With gay JW's there is absolutely no chance.

So to suggest they could change is a hateful stance to take.

Take some time off line to reach out to gay ex-JW's and find out what it was like to be in that situation for decades (in some cases), with no hope of a way out.

Being gay in the JW organisation is VERY different to being straight.

• cofty
  • cofty
    cofty

Wizzstick - I agree that a born-in JW who has same-sex attraction is in an impossible situation.

Serious question - Since the bible condemns homosexuality, what do you think the Watchtower should do about it?

• ttdtt
    ttdtt
    It is relevant, the ones that don't find a mate are expected to remain celibate.
    The JW position is no sex outside marriage. It's ridiculous but it isn't hate.

COFTY the one problem with that - is that a Heterosexual person can at some point find a mate - even if it takes a while - and they can openly pursue that course - a Homosexual person can NEVER find a mate - or even be open about his or her feelings.

BIG BIG DIFFERENCE!

• cofty
    cofty

The bible condemns homosexuality. If the WT compromised and agreed to approve homosexual relationships we would all be calling them hypocrites.

The problem is with using an Iron Age Book as a moral guide. Almost a hundred million American evangelicals would agree with them about this.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

COFTY

so the bible condones slavery

the bible says you should be killed for touching a pig skin

you should be killed for working on sunday.

Lots of things that the WT has acknowledged just don't fit into modern life.

Why not say - hey - the evidence is that Homosexuality is NORMAL - and that about 10% of all mammals exhibit homosexual or bisexual activity - so maybe its not for us to judge.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    social media is all over this, the fallout from it is bigger than the "mentally diseased" article, I wonder who the shit for brains authorised this to be released?
  • dubstepped
    dubstepped
    Cofty: The worse part of the video is that the little girl is being taught how to go back to school and make judgemental comments about her school friend's parents.

That doesn't sound at least a little hateful to you? A quick definition of hateful would mean "very unpleasant" or "very bad or evil". I think you're reasonable enough to see that it at least ticks those boxes. Maybe it doesn't fit your definition of hatred which I could see one seeing as more intense than what was shown, but it certainly meets some definitions, maybe just not yours.

I looked it up and hate speech is speech that offends, insults, or threatens groups, based on things such as sexual orientation. I'm pretty sure that most gay people would be offended at that video.

I really wouldn't keep arguing that it isn't hateful. It is, even if not as intensely as some might view the word "hate".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit