New ANTI-GAY video for Kids on jw.org

by ttdtt 234 Replies latest jw experiences

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

One subject at a time.

The fornication/pregnancy out of wedlock along with other 'JW-God does not approve' subjects are pretty well covered at the KH.

DY

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

Doubtfully Yours: Objectively speaking, you are right in saying that home-school is not a bad thing. Statistically speaking, at least, in Quebec (Canada), they even get slightly better results than the public school system.

My fear in regards to JWs is that some parents want to shield their kids completely from the world until they end up learning about these things on their own. Than, things can get out of hands.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte
    Then why not cover the fornication/pregnancy in the video and the gays and lesbians at the hall? Keep in mind here that I have seen plenty of kids not listen to the program at all. Rather, they would listen to videos of sophia and caleb on their tablet.
  • Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Actually, around here is becoming somewhat frowned upon to send JW kids to regular school; it's being viewed as putting their kids in danger, so somewhat like the parents not doing the 'spiritual' thing for their kids' interest.

So, when kids act up in school I've heard other parents comment that it wouldn't have happened if the child was in the homeschool set up.

So glad all the children in our immediate families are all grown up.

DY

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte
    Actually, around here is becoming somewhat frowned upon to send JW kids to regular school;

Wow! I haven't seen this around my place... the home-schooled were rather the exception.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I'm sure they'll sun this video at the KH sometime soon.

Sorry. The JW world is what it is. Rejoice though for it may evolve at some future time the way it has with other doctrines.

DY

• Amelia Ashton
  • littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

Here's the thing: These devout JW parents want their kids to grow up JW and remain JW throughout their lives. They sincerely believe is the best way for their children to live their lives.

DY:

If these JW parents are as "devout" as they say, they wouldn't even have children to begin with "deep into the conclusion of the system of things" when "armageddon could come at any time".

LRG

• Giordano
    Giordano

The video does not incite hate/violence, just exposes how the JW God sees this lifestyle.

Correct me if I am wrong but didn't the JW God create the circumstances that lead to the type of gene's that incline a person to be Gay? Is this not a natural event? Did these babies ask to be gay?

What the JW's teach and demand along with other high control nut case religions is that a Gay person can not act on their sexual preference even if they join another person in a legal marriage.

The Mormon's are facing a huge problem because of their policy to not recognize that being Gay is as natural as being straight.

Instead you have this:

While there are conflicting reports regarding numerous suicides involving LGBT Mormon youth, there's no question that there's been an increase of suicidal teens and twenty-somethings following the Church's new anti gay policy.

Instituted in November, the new rules label any Mormon in a same-sex marriage as an "apostate," which could include excommunication from the church, and bars children of all same-sex couples from being baptized. Reaction to the new rules was swift, with thousands severing ties from the Church of Latter-Day Saints in response.

http://www.advocate.com/religion/2016/1/31/suicide-epidemic-ravaging-gay-mormon-youth

• Cadellin
    Cadellin
    I wouldn't describe this as inciting hate; I do agree with the poster that speculated that the WT lawyers vetted it very carefully. BUT it is disturbing in that it promotes the old fallacy that you can pray the gay away. "People can change!" Yikes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit