WT's Billions $$$$$$$ & and NOT one Nursing Home for the Old

by JT 47 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

I saw a sign that made me ROTFLMAO!

• Dansk
    Dansk

JT,

Isn't it true that in the Borg's beneficence (pass me the bucket!) they've allowed oldies to only have to report 15 minutes per month?

Dansk

• rocketman
    rocketman

Yep, if they want help in retirement they are supposed to seek it from the corrupt, God-dishonoring government under which they live, you know, the one that God will soon destroy. Or, maybe they have retirement savings from their jobs, those companies of course are on God's hit-list too.

• rocketman
    rocketman

truthseeker - nice pic of a true oxymoron.

• benext
    benext

Their god fearing children are there to look after aged parents unless they chose to remain childless due to the short number of years remaining. Or remaining childless to serve where the need is greater. Yes those who due to their own consciences and not any outside influence have nothing to look forward to but mounting medical bills and maybe a weekly or monthly visit from an elder who was assigned to do this.

• teejay
    teejay

Seeing the fabulous wealth that the Society has reminds me of what’s been discovered of Sadaam’s wealth in the midst of his people’s horrible poverty and suffering.

Just like Sadaam, the GB is perfectly comfortable lavishing huge sums of money on real estate and buildings rather than on what’s really important – it’s PEOPLE and their needs.

• caligirl
    caligirl

The lack of caring and providing help for poor or elderly members was something that always bothered me as well. Use tax payer dollars to live on, but continue to donate all your spare change into the contribution box!

Looking at those pictures brought back memories, not necessarily good! That Montreal assembly hall was where I attended my very last assembly in 1996 - went there repeatedly from the time it was built. When we first started going there, we were REQUIRED to bring with us a pair of shoes that had NEVER been worn outside and to change our shoes upon entering the building before leaving the carpeted area because some idiot decided that expensive marble tile was a good way to go for the lobby flooring. So they chose to lay expensive tile in a high traffic area and everyone was expected to go buy a pair of new shoes to bring with them so that it didn't get a scratch on it. They did away with that after the first few times it was used, but it still sent a poor message in my opinion.

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

And when you think about it, why are they investing so much energy and resources into property, which will probably get destroyed in Armageddon. It just shows how little faith they have by storing up their treasures here on earth. If I were half as rightous as they think they are and I had their types of funds, I'd be helping out my fellow believers with shelters, food, clothing. And If I believed in the end of the world any day now, some training on how to survive in a post-armageddon world. I'd do research by watching Mad Max movies. I'd study hard on what Noah did after the flood to survive. But then I wouldn't want to sleep with my daughters so I'd probably just die off.

• gcc2k
    gcc2k

Do other religions build nursing homes for "their" people? I've never needed to think about this, but I can't think of any homes that are specifically for persons of one religion or another. I've heard of Catholic schools, but not Catholic nursing homes.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

There are indeed Catholic Retirement communities and Catholic Nursing Homes. All comers are generally taken into the nursing homes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit