WT's Billions $$$$$$$ & and NOT one Nursing Home for the Old

by JT 47 Replies latest jw friends

• teejay
    teejay

JT,

This is just one of many ways where “the churches” Christianity is superior to the JW brand. I think of, not only the lack of nursing homes for long-time members but thousands of Dubs like my mother who has to work until the day she dies because she trusted Jehovah's Mouthpiece™ and never had a retirement plan. You're right. It's sad.

BTW, is it me or do these guys

alt

look gay? ... (not that there's anything wrong with that - Seinfeld) Something about a bunch of young men – an ONLY men – working, eating, sleeping, playing, worshipping so close together ALL THE TIME. Gives me the feeling of... I dunno... a cult.

• JT
    JT

TEEJAY

GREAT POINT i asked some jw once if they had a bus that went around to pick up the old sick and handicapped in ANY COUNTRY and of course the answer was no- in one of the photos i did see a school bus, but we all know that is the result of some local elders going out on a limb- for the CO?DO could with the stroke of a pen make them get rid of it-

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

A couple of years ago, while I was still making the decision to jump ship, we went to Six Flags Over Texas. We saw numerous groups of young people wearing T-shirts identifying them with one church group or another, and I thought how sad it was that the JWs never EVER did anything like that. If you wanted a group, you got it up yourself and, if it was a large group, you worried nervously about someone getting out line because then it would be your fault. It's a wonder there are any young people left at all at the Kingdom Halls.

Just another example of how uncaring and unloving these people are.

Nina

• herk
    herk

Nina,

Back in the late 1940s and early 1950s, the JW kids in Long Branch, New Jersey, wore T-shirts that said "Long Branch Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses." They had their own sports team. (I think it was baseball, but I'm not sure.) They usually worked as a team in the circuit assembly department where they had all volunteered to serve, either cleaning or the kitchen or cafeteria. Were the majority of us glad to see such pride in their group spirit? Not at all. We cringed and wondered when they would grow up and become "mature Christians."

Nowadays, I'm almost certain that the elders in any JW congregation would put a damper on it as soon as they saw just one kid doing such a thing.

Ah, the blessing of knowing "the truth" that sets one "free"!

• JT
    JT
    A couple of years ago, while I was still making the decision to jump ship, we went to Six Flags Over Texas. We saw numerous groups of young people wearing T-shirts identifying them with one church group or another, and I thought how sad it was that the JWs never EVER did anything like that. If you wanted a group, you got it up yourself and, if it was a large group, you worried nervously about someone getting out line because then it would be your fault. It's a wonder there are any young people left at all at the Kingdom Halls.

this is a great point -- i recall this one time i put a group to bethel together and PO stated that only those in GOOD STANDING COULD GO- and we had this one sister whose non-believing husband was 67yrs old gave $7500 to Bethel and he was not allowed to go-

the PO invoked the "He is not under the oversight of the Elders" so he couldn't go- i asked him what do you expect him to do go to a strip club, etc-

he says we don't want to start ANY TRENDS OF NON-BELEIOVERS GOING ON BUS TRIPS

now what makes this so interesting is- THIS IS A CALL THAT THE LOCAL ELDERS CAN MAKE-

• chester
    chester
    he says we don't want to start ANY TRENDS OF NON-BELIEVERS GOING ON BUS TRIPS

JT,

That is an amazing story.

I am so glad to be "OUT"

• Englishman
    Englishman

'Afternoon, JT:

Look at this, it's an organisation run by some welathy JW's:

Jehovah's Witnesses

Outside London

Lancashire

Residential
    Jah-Jireh
    127-131 Reads Avenue, Blackpool, Lancashire
    FY1 4JH
    Tel: 01253 622134
    Owner: Trustees of Jah-Jireh (Charity) Homes
    Total no. of places: 36
    Main Client Group: Elderly
    Home is for Jehovah’s Witnesses

Jah-Jireh
    7 Beechfield Court, Leyland, Lancashire
    PR25 3SA
    Tel: 01772 623710
    Total no. of places: 36

Manchester

Residential
    Jah-Jireh
    77 Bury Road, Radcliffe, Manchester
    M26 2UT
    Tel: 01617 249609
    Total no. of places: 17

Dual Registered
    Jah-Jireh
    141 Springfield Road, Wigan, Lancashire
    WN6 7RH
    Tel: 01942 243533
    Total no. of places: 45

Englishman

• Dansk
    Dansk

Hi JT,

In a way I'm glad they don't build nursing homes for the old. It'd be a way of enticing all the old Dubs to sign over all they had to them. You know "Come on old one, we'll look after you now. Just sign your will over to us and Jehovah will bless you for it!"

Dansk

• Dansk
    Dansk

Hey Eman,

I live not too far from one of these establishments. As you mention, they're owned by wealthy JWs and NOT by the Borg (which doesn't give anything!). Trouble is, I've heard from people who used to work in them that, well, things could be a lot better!

Dansk

• JT
    JT

Thanks for the info on the property, i had heard that some jw who were in biz for themselves have setup such arrangements

but as mentioned it is not from the org- and besides i hardly doubt these jw are doing this free of charge-

as has been pointed out in another post - if the wt ran the place can you imagine the pressure one would have to stay in GOOD STANDING

"Sister Johnson this is the 5th month that you have less than the national avg in field service

unless you are able to get your time back up in the next 6 months ( recall it was always the 6months rule for shaping up- smoking, quitting your job, etc) you will have to seek other living arrangement and we wish you well to keep well fed and warm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit