by JT 47 Replies latest jw friends

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

LOL@ herk!!! Right on, man!!!!

ESTEE

• herk
    herk

ESTEE,

Thanks. I think we agree that the WTS has compounded it's evil regarding nursing homes and the care of the elderly. All too often younger members are kept so busy that they don't have time even to drop by and say hello to older members who are no longer able to contribute anything to the Society's interests. This busy-ness contributes to older ones being forsaken and forgotten when they are in their greatest hours of need.

Reminds me of: "In the last days ... no natural affection." (2 Tim. 3:1-5) As a JW, I think I read that text more than any other as I spoke to householders. Too bad I didn't see sooner that it was speaking to me where it says "and from these turn away."

I read in another thread that your JW daughter ignores you. I also noticed that you're without your mother and grandmother. My father who died a few years ago wouldn't speak to me, and my mother still won't. Neither will my brother and sister. Still, I love them and miss miss them, especially my mom. I'm sure she misses me as her oldest son.

I'm almost certain that your JW relatives have a strong love for you too. It's too bad that a misguided organization stands in the way of them letting you know.

Despite things as they are, I wish you a lovely Mother's Day on Sunday.

Herk

• JT
    JT
    When the cocaine in the shoe incident happened, she suggested I talk to the elders. I desperately needed some temporary help in getting out of this situation. What did the elders tell me? They said, "Call your worldly relatives. It's their responsibility."

deep point but so true, but then again, as an elder this is what we were told to tell the friends and like so many other things that we did as jw that made abosolutely no sense we dished out advice like the lady Blue posted above

it is amazing as i look back to think that i too would have told you the same thing

damn were we crazy or what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

• JT
    JT
    Looking at those pictures brought back memories, not necessarily good! That Montreal assembly hall was where I attended my very last assembly in 1996 - went there repeatedly from the time it was built. When we first started going there, we were REQUIRED to bring with us a pair of shoes that had NEVER been worn outside and to change our shoes upon entering the building before leaving the carpeted area because some idiot decided that expensive marble tile was a good way to go for the lobby flooring. So they chose to lay expensive tile in a high traffic area and everyone was expected to go buy a pair of new shoes to bring with them so that it didn't get a scratch on it. They did away with that after the first few times it was used, but it still sent a poor message in my opinion.

tell me you are lying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• JT
    JT

Again the WT is outdoing itself in acts of selfishness.

Acts 4:32-37 shows forcefully what the WT should be doing, but has glaringly failed to do.

Mr. Shakita

excellent point

• JT
    JT

YOu know even for THE SAKE OF ARGUMENT - let's say they don't build anything for the rank and file jw, but at least i mean come on man, at least build something for the CO, DO and missionaries

and yet they don't even do it for them , it truly shows just what kind of religion this is and to think that each one of us who are posting, reading, have literally spent yrs of our life supporting such a organization

it is enough to make one want to Vomit

• reporter
    reporter

Below: This is a picture of Georgetown, Ontario, Canada Bethel tunnel of monotony... I was there when I was 10 years old. I wonder whether they file the needy seniors down there...you know the saying out of sight out of mind... On second thought, "Jehovah" YHWH might use "nukuler" weapons to accomplish his will and purpose, and God told them to build a tunnel to prepare...

• JT
    JT

reporter

great shot of the tunnnels

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit