WT's Billions $$$$$$$ & and NOT one Nursing Home for the Old

by JT 47 Replies latest jw friends

• herk
    herk

Here are just a few Roman Catholic nursing homes within 10 to 30 minutes from Brooklyn Bethel:

SS Joachim & Anne Residence (Roman Catholic), 2720 Surf Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11224
    Brooklyn East Family Center (Roman Catholic), 1987 Flatbush Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11234
    Brooklyn West Family Center (Roman Catholic), 191 Joralemon Street, Brooklyn, NY 11201
    Queens North Family Center (Roman Catholic), 23-40 Astoria Boulevard, Astoria, NY 11102
    Queens South Family Center (Roman Catholic), 90-39 189th Street, Hollis, NY 11423

There are many others, some Catholic (Greek & Roman), Episcopalian, Lutheran, Baptist, etc.

• JT
    JT
    Do other religions build nursing homes for "their" people? I've never needed to think about this, but I can't think of any homes that are specifically for persons of one religion or another. I've heard of Catholic schools, but not Catholic nursing homes

gcc2k

others do set up homes for both their members and others ( it is due to that GOOD SAMARTIAN THING )

WT CAN't do that due to the "Urgency Dogma"

for the wt to have told it's new crop of COs in 1968 ---that they would be setting aside some retirement funds for them would have CANCELED their "urgency Dogma"-

in fact many jw due to that dogma made no plans for retirement and even today many jw don't make plans if they are 25-30yrs of age

and the reason is simple they dogma of wt constantly reassures it's members that they will NOT NEED IT due to the end being around the corner, - yet wt sits on Billions

think about this - how many articles have you read as a jw where the wt literally Bragged about some little old black bro in Africa who had to walk to the District convention for 4 days and back home -

now why would a billion $ org be proud to say : "ep we could have paid for a bus ticket for the old fellow, but we didn't"

do you know how the wt could have rented a bus, trailway or damn a van for these folks - yet the wt refuses to spend a DIME to assist it's own members to get to their boring conventions

• gcc2k
    gcc2k

Certainly building homes for the elderly would go against the idea of the "new system" saving us from this wicked old world. I knew someone who refused to recycle (even thought it was the law) saying that Jehovah will clean the earth up, so why bother?

The WT has money, no doubt. So if they believe in the new system, why store up riches here on earth?

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

It is wickedly sad especially in light of what James 1:27 says, "The form of worship that is clean and undefiled from the standpoint of our God...is this...to look after orphans and widows in their tribulation..."

Guest 77

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

Another text that proves to me that JWs have a false religion is 1 John 3:17-19:

But whoever has the world's goods, and sees his brother in need and closes his heart against him, how does the love of God abide in him? Little children, let us not love with word or with tongue, but in deed and truth. We will know by this that we are of the truth, and will assure our heart before Him.

Still another is Galatians 6:9, 10:

Let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we will reap if we do not grow weary. So then, while we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, and especially to those who are of the household of the faith.

Above all, I'm convinced due to the way the Society has twisted and messed up the meaning of Matthew 25:34-46 (Contemporary English Translation):

Then the king will say to those on his right, "My father has blessed you! Come and receive the kingdom that was prepared for you before the world was created. When I was hungry, you gave me something to eat, and when I was thirsty, you gave me something to drink. When I was a stranger, you welcomed me, and when I was naked, you gave me clothes to wear. When I was sick, you took care of me, and when I was in jail, you visited me."

Then the ones who pleased the Lord will ask, "When did we give you something to eat or drink? When did we welcome you as a stranger or give you clothes to wear or visit you while you were sick or in jail?"

The king will answer, "Whenever you did it for any of my people, no matter how unimportant they seemed, you did it for me."

Then the king will say to those on his left, "Get away from me! You are under God's curse. Go into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels! I was hungry, but you did not give me anything to eat, and I was thirsty, but you did not give me anything to drink. I was a stranger, but you did not welcome me, and I was naked, but you did not give me any clothes to wear. I was sick and in jail, but you did not take care of me."

Then the people will ask, "Lord, when did we fail to help you when you were hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in jail?"

The king will say to them, "Whenever you failed to help any of my people, no matter how unimportant they seemed, you failed to do it for me."

Then Jesus said, "Those people will be punished forever. But the ones who pleased God will have eternal life."

• Shakita
    Shakita

Hey JT,

Again the WT is outdoing itself in acts of selfishness. Many of these elderly ones were the lifeblood of the organization for many years. Now that they can't care for themselves, they are cast away and forgotten. If the WT claims to be the reemergence of first century true Christianity, then why aren't they imitating their so-called first century counterparts?

Has the WT forgotten how the first century Christians cared for their own? Acts 4:32-37 shows forcefully what the WT should be doing, but has glaringly failed to do. 32 "Moreover, the multitude of those who believed had one heart and soul, and not even one would say that any of the things that he possessed was his own; but they had all things in common. 33 Also, with great power the apostles continued giving forth the witness concerning the resurrection of the Lord Jesus; and undeserved kindness in large measure was upon them all. 34 In fact, there was not one in need among them; for all those who were possessors of fields or houses would sell them and bring the value of the things sold 35 and they would deposit them at the feet of the apostles. In turn distribution would be made to each one, just as he would have the need. 36 So Joseph, who was surnamed Barnabas by the apostles, which means, when translated, Son of Comfort, a Levite, a native of Cyprus, 37 possessing a piece of land, sold it and brought the money and deposited it at the feet of the apostles."

The WT continues to amass a vast wealth while many of their elderly adherents are dirt poor and suffering due to the trials of old age. If they want to truly imitate the first century apostles, then they would use the money given to then by their followers to alleviate the pain and suffering of the elderly and of all those poor ones in their midst.

I'm in total agreement with Frank's comment: The king will say to them, "Whenever you failed to help any of my people, no matter how unimportant they seemed, you failed to do it for me."

I wouldn't want to be the WT explaining to Jesus why they cruelly neglected the elderly and the poor ones among them. All I have to say is: Oh Watchtower, see ya, because I certainly don't want to be ya, when Jesus returns.

Mr. Shakita

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

truthseeker! What a contradiction in terms!!! LOL!!!

ESTEE

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Interesting post! This is something that I have mulled over once or twice, as well. I think when religious groups build nursing homes, they are showing love and concern...and appreciation for their elderly members' welfare. Which explains why the dubs don't build them....the dubs are like the hypocrites in the bible who donate land to the WT...and forget all about their ailing, elderly parents who might benefit from the said land....and ignore their needs...in favor of the WT. ... Just another truth about their "truthTM". If their god approves of such a lack of love toward their parents....theirs is not a god I want to know...

ESTEE

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

This is such a sore subject with me.

When I was studying I was married to a wife-beating cocaine-adicted alcoholic. It reached the point where my twin babies found his cocaine in an envelope in one of his shoes and had I not gotten there just in the nick of time, they would have eaten it.

Mind you I was only a bible study but the lady who was studying with me had been "encouraging" (i.e., pressuring) me to stop spending time with my "worldly" family because they were "holding me back."

When the cocaine in the shoe incident happened, she suggested I talk to the elders. I desperately needed some temporary help in getting out of this situation. What did the elders tell me? They said, "Call your worldly relatives. It's their responsibility."

I was sick and depressed. My mom took me to Catholic Charities and they gave me free counseling and helped me to figure out what to do. Shortly thereafter I filed for divorce and got the heck out.

The sister who studied with me was mad because I was goint to a psychologist who was employed by a member of Babylon the Great herself.

• herk
    herk

Truthseeker and ESTEE,

I went to the WT property and chiseled in a more appropriate name. I hope they like it when they return from their Saturday field service - and shopping.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit