What did President Trump say about Sweden?

by kpop 236 Replies latest social current

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Clearly

afraid I have no time for Sam Harris,s silly opinions

and you think that is his opinion and not reality???

• Simon
    Simon

The difference is, the LDS Church takes out ads in the Book of Mormon programme.

No one if scared of most Christians.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

R you scared of most Muslims Simon?

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

If someone is promising you a utopian idea Ruby you are being deceived. This denial the realities of Islam is a complete delusion.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

I am cautious of bad ideologies and those who subscribe to them literally, I am also afraid of groups holding those ideas that are somehow above scrutiny because they are changing OUR good ideologies, not their bad ones.

We have no trouble criticizing JWS for fostering a protection of pedophiles, why can't we criticize Islam for its protection of extremists?

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Interesting facts about Sweden's statistics:

There have been several international comparisons made, placing Sweden at the top end of the number of reported rapes. However, police procedures and legal definitions vary widely across countries, which makes it difficult to compare rape statistics.[8][9][10][11] For example, Sweden reformed its sex crime legislation and made the legal definition of rape much wider in 2005,[3][4][8][12] which largely explains a significant increase in the number of reported rapes in the ten-year period of 2004-2013.[13][14] The Swedish police also record each instance of sexual violence in every case separately, leading to an inflated number of cases compared to other countries.[8][11][15] Additionally, the Swedish police have improved the handling of rape cases, in an effort to increase the number of crimes reported.[8][14][16][17] Raised awareness and a shifting attitude of sexual crimes in Sweden,[note 1][18] which has been ranked as the number one country in gender equality,[19] may also explain the relatively high rates of reported rape.[8][11][20]

• Simon
    Simon
    R you scared of most Muslims Simon?

Sigh, I was referring to Christian groups and denominations, not individuals although it still applies.

No one is scared of Christians because they are Christians. But show me a plane full of people when a group of middle-eastern men get on and I'll show you people thinking "uh oh"

Everyone should be rightly afraid of Islam and the people who push for it's control.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    if these traitorous politicians like Trueadu continue to allow mass migration from Islamic nations into our nations.

Trudeau is not allowing mass migration from islamic nations. Stop with the histeria and hyperbole. Now, I will agree that Europe including Sweden has allowed an unreasonable amount of migrants in, and this has been a terrible idea. It's not reasonable to allow that many people in, especially if most are actually economic migrants and if they ware unwilling to assimilate.

The US and Canada are not the same. We can control this much better, because of the distance. We should allow a reasonable amount of refugees from Syria and other places. Not a flood of them, but a reasonable amount.

In fact, if there are muslims that are moderates and like our way of live, and can be vetted, then we should welcome these folks with open arms. It is these moderate muslims who need to be protected and empowered if we will have a chance to make Islam a more passive religion.

• bohm
    bohm

freemindfade:

We have no trouble criticizing JWS for fostering a protection of pedophiles, why can't we criticize Islam for its protection of extremists?

TBH, I think we all do that...

I actually figured that "Extremist Islam = bad" was a settled issue by now on this forum and you had to wake up failed reported Glenn Greenwald or Reza Aslan, Pee huh Deeh to get a honest moral equivalence these days.

Anyone who thinks the Islamic texts, taken literally, represents a good set of ideas can feel free to contradict me.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    I actually figured that "Extremist Islam = bad" was a settled issue by now on this forum

I don't believe so, some still associate it as an "oppressed group" and that means they are "good". I think it is safe to say if the shoe was on the other foot, and I was strolling through their country, most of these individuals would have no problem with me being beheaded as an infidel, and god knows what other unspeakable things. I know plenty of people personally who have served in these countries. They make no qualms about this being an absolute fact.

That is why I think it's silly to just think because people are in trouble makes them "good". or "ok" or "peaceful". No, I don't believe they are all going to come here and start committing terrorism, but my heart is not bleeding for them either. I believe its a shame people are suffering, but the suffering is a result of the ideologies they are clinging so strongly to, and our progressive way of life is not a cure for the horrible ideas they hold close to their hearts. They won't suddenly stop hitting their wives because DEMOCRACY. It doesn't work that way.

I just think its ok to be realistic, but in our trigger-warning-safe-space-oppression-Olympics America, you sound like a tyrant for not subscribing to the utopian idea this is just another religion, oh and a peaceful one... (rant not directed at you bohm, just ranting in general lol)

Also when we dance to timidly around these things... boom... not you have a Trump

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit