$5.5 Million to be transferred to World Wide Work from Assembly Hall fund

by Sour Grapes 90 Replies latest jw experiences

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

dropoffyourkeylee

Thanks for the local perspective!

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I recall reading some where that they done similar thing in Colombia (South America) and in Mexico. Sold the existing assembly Hall, brought land, promised the world then pulled the plug. I think in mexico they were taking donations for some considerable time, and the elders sent the society a letter wonder what was going on. I think the reply was it ain't happening but you can still send the money to the world wide work. I think what makes the situation worse, is that the people in these countries are really poor and it was probably a big sacrifice to donate to the AH. I certainly don't think they are doing themselves any long term favors by behaving like this.

• LV101
    LV101

TheFallGuy -- Thanks much!

• careful
    careful

Thanks, St George of England. Then it looks like what I said has already happened: they have applied their concept of reduction of KHs to AHs. All we are now seeing is the aftermath, the selling off of excess buildings.

sir82: point well taken. So they have not reduced the number of assemblies since that would cut into their money making. But they have streamlined the process. Reduce their duration to one day. Pack them in and get them out, all the while collecting as much cash as always during their short stay. Why have more AHs than is necessary to do this? Streamline, streamline, streamline...

• zeb
    zeb

sourgrapes.

any value in going to an evening news program like 60 minutes?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Back in 2015 Samuel Herd said that most construction projects around the world were being delayed, reduced in size, or halted. with the exceptions being Warwick and Chelmsford. So it's not surprising that Assembly Halls are being cancelled. Presumably this is happening all over the world. It's the same programme of KH consolidation that is being applied to Assembly Halls. So we can expect these same measures to be upsetting and aggravating JWs in locations all over the world, and lower future donations as a result. These are desperate measures for desperate times.

What I'd like to know is if local elders continued promoting donations for this Assembly Hall even after the announcement in 2015, believing the cutbacks didn't apply to their own project. That would only aggravate the situation further,

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

A DAd/DFd JW (or someone still "IN" who doesn't care about any ramifications needs to send a letter to the IRS stating the WTS is misappropriating funds that were donated for a specific cause (new Assm Hall) and is "illegally" seizing the funds for other uses, and CC: WTS Service Desk.

Watch the shit hit the fan. It will probably not stop it, but I bet it will be explosive. Oh, to be a fly on the wall . . . .

• Atlantis
  • Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    A DAd/DFd JW (or someone still "IN" who doesn't care about any ramifications needs to send a letter to the IRS stating the WTS is misappropriating funds that were donated for a specific cause (new Assm Hall) and is "illegally" seizing the funds for other uses, and CC: WTS Service Desk.

DOC exactly my thoughts. I'd do so but I'm not a US resident. I'm sure the (US)Charity Commission would be interested too.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo
    The corporation is flush with $$$$. This new money grab is just normal operation procedure for Watchtower Real Estate and Internet Company.

It is this in a nutshell...whilst they are now being very careful with their money and "grabbing"what they can they are in no way going bust financially in our lifetimes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit