$5.5 Million to be transferred to World Wide Work from Assembly Hall fund

by Sour Grapes 90 Replies latest jw experiences

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

That ^^^^^^ was a nice place, though it bothered me at first to find out that it was a former church.

• Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger

Bait and switch! That’s the policy they follow , have followed and will continue to Till the Kingdom Hollows still have blood to give!

• oppostate
    oppostate

I've thought about this and I could see the WT hierarchy following some script from consultants to build up a huge endowment that would minimize the effect of recurring litigation and payouts and also forecasts of decreasing contributions.

That would need to be one 'uge endowment, eh?

• Sliced
    Sliced

Nothing new... you should hear the stories of "money grabs" here in the Lone Star State. Yeeehawww... 'Cept some of these cowboys fought for their rights and did vote NO.

• Sliced
    Sliced

^^^ Of course, they were later Disfellowshipped. lol

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

That sounds like nothing short of criminal to me taking money under false pretenses and using it for another purpose than which it was donated for.

The R&F JW`s should talk to some lawyers if they had any sense .

• zeb
    zeb

" ...but Lord how the money rolls in.." wartime song.

Its always the same where the money is for the www without any details of even remotely where.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

We had a brother in our congo that always put his hand in the sky for "against" at resolutions.

I remember there was some vote about congo meeting times and there were a lot "against".

The elder said "I see the mayority has voted for it so we don't have to count votes".

Great times.

G.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

You could always send repeated freedom of information requests to see how the money was transferred and spent.

They can’t punish you for that, they may try to buy the legal system would be on your side if they did.

• shepherdless
    shepherdless

I have to agree with sbf, on this. Only a corporation with significant financial issues would pull this stunt; and this is just the latest.

Interestingly, if the Borg is still resorting to cash raising measures that are counterproductive in the long term, it must mean that all of the previous cost cutting measures (reducing printing, laying off bethelites, selling Kingdom Halls, etc) have not been sufficient to fix the financial issues. So there is most likely more of these stunts to come.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit