$5.5 Million to be transferred to World Wide Work from Assembly Hall fund

by Sour Grapes 90 Replies latest jw experiences

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

A letter was read tonight in our Kingdom Hall that the money that the circuits in the Indianapolis area had in savings to build a new assembly hall will now be transferred to the WWW to build Kingdom Halls in lands where they are needed and a new assembly hall for us will not be built.

We had a beautiful assembly hall near downtown Indy that was paid for. It was sold a couple of years ago. We were promised a new assembly hall to be built in southern Ohio near the Indiana border but they can kiss that goodbye now. Next Thursday we will have the legalities of the $5,500,000 transfer to the World Wide Work (the pedophile lawsuit fund) by the passage of a resolution. There will be a lot of unhappy JDubs but everyone will vote yes for the resolution.

Sour Grapes

• jdash
    jdash

Wait, so you are in Indianapolis too? So am I. When they read this letter on Wednesday night, I was confused. A new assembly hall was promised but now that hope is down the drain.

• cha ching
    cha ching

So what is the "crowd" saying about that Sour Grapes? That is a LOT of money.... and even tho it's not technically (now) "theirs", I'll bet they feel it was..... (PS, are you voting "no"?) ;-)

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

When the brother who read the letter said that we will not be getting a new assembly hall at this time you could hear a pin drop. When will the JDubs wake up? The letter was followed by another letter about making contributions online. Money, money, money,

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Sounds to me like desperate measures by an organisation in serious financial trouble.

Would be fantastic if someone could get hold of a copy of this letter for the record.

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

Yes, sound like the cut and run maneuvers from the snake oil salesman before the whole town figures out they have been sold a bunch of nothing. Slimboy,

• dropoffyourkeylee
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Actions like this can surely only have the effect of reducing donations in future. Because, obviously, if people are donating for something, only for it not to happen, and the money be taken away, then they are not going to contribute as much in future.

What is more, Watchtower surely realises that behaviour like this will reduce future donations. Which must mean that Watchtower has such a desperate need for the cash in the short term that they don't mind jeopardising donation levels in the longer term.

Plus saying that the money will be used for KHs in poorer lands is just gratuitous. How many JWs will actually believe that? A significant number of JWs are going to think to themselves: "is it not bad enough that Watchtower is confiscating money we raised locally for an Assembly Hall? Do they need to lie to us about why they're doing it as well?"

Some people have claimed that Watchtower has lots of money at the moment because of the sale of Brooklyn properties. They claim that Watchtower cutbacks are prudent and not a sign of desperation. Moves like this, confiscating an Assembly Hall fund, do not indicate prudent long term strategy, they indicate measures of last resort, or panic.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Right on SBF, I think you have nailed it! Things have been going south for these long time delusional thinkers and we are now witnessing the nightmare stage of wishful thinking desperation.

Very insightful despite the nay sayers.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Lol damn! That os cold blooded, even for the wtbs.... so where do you meet for ca’s?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit