I didn't think my JW family could find another way to hurt me but...

by Ghost of Esmeralda 73 Replies latest jw friends

• Ghost of Esmeralda
    Ghost of Esmeralda

BUT I WAS SO WRONG!

My daughter just got home. You all know I dressed her up, painted her nails, curled her hair, and sent her off to my favorite cousin's wedding.

I just found out that SHE WAS THE FLOWERGIRL!

My sister and cousin went behind my back, got her a gown, dressed her at the Hall, and she was in the _+!(&!@ wedding. After I bought her a dress, and shoes, and tights, and...now my mother isn't speaking to me because she thinks I have no right to be upset about this!

Livid does not describe how I feel right now. My husband is just in orbit.

I just cannot believe anyone could be so hurtful.

*speechless*

essie

www.ghostwriter.homestead.com

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

The Jehovah's Witnesses are the highest standard when it comes to being capable of dividing families, breaking hearts, and imposing their will on people without using physical force. Even the Nazis and the Taliban are forced to stand back and recognize the evils of the atypical Dub and the Watchtower Society.

Expect anything. There is no course of action too low for a Jehovah's Witness. They will try as hard as possible to convert your child when she is older and turn her away from you if at all possible.

Be prepared.

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

((((((((Essie))))))))

I don't even know what to say -- that is beyond despicable of them!!! I would be ready to ream some serious a**!!!!!

It still amazes me how destructive that religion is, when for so many years I thought it was all things good and the only place to find real love...what a joke that turned out to be. I'm so sorry that your family pulled such a low-down dirty rotten trick on you; you've every right to be incensed but please remember to take care of yourself. Love ya much.

Dana

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

I am sorry this happened to you, but if at all possible I would forbid any and all association for your child with any Jehovah's Witness.. family or not. You certainly do not want them indoctrinating her at a young age behind your back, and the fact they did what you mentioned above should be sufficient proof that they will do things behind your back, so it is up to you as a parent to enact a little preventive maintenance now.

Good luck and I am sorry this happened to you.

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

*Speechless and shaking head*

It's nice to have your presence here on the board, again. I'm just so sorry that it was painful circumstances that brought you back.

((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))

Andee

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Essie, Hon......believe me I understand those awful sinking feelings and the gut-wrenching pure anger these people can dredge up out of us, when we learn about these loving acts. I feel SO terrible for you!

I've mentioned a couple of times how my oldest daughter married an Elder in FL a few months after I DAed myself in '99. We never knew she was dating, and we only heard about the wedding itself because one of our sons emailed me to tell me because he thought it was only right that we should know.

I didn't find out until last year, that my youngest grandson was the ringbearer (his mom [another daughter] and dad are not JWs), and my second son gave her away! He's not a JW either! It just blew me away!

Here are my kids, IN the wedding, AT the wedding---and Dad and me don't even rate the courtesy of an invitation! Changing the lyrics to an old Sonny & Cher song, "And The Hurt Goes ON......La-di-da-di-daaaa"

They ENJOY rubbing salt in the wounds they've cut you open with, and then they can't IMAGINE why you hate them so much!

I love you, kiddo, and my heart hurts for you right now.

BIG hugs,

Annie

• JudasCain
    JudasCain

I can understand your rage. I felt the same when the elders outright lied to me about my daughter asking to get baptized. My daughter is 14 and I knew my ex-wife would be pressuring her to get baptized, so I called the elders to see if she had asked to get baptized. One (Steve Ratey) told me she had not and he would be the elder to know for sure. Then I called the elder that had been studying with the kids and he said in his opinion neither was ready nor had they shown any interest in getting baptized.

I would like someone to explain to me how a 14 year old girl is not ready for marriage, but is capable of deciding to get baptized, a decision that will have far greater and longer-lasting effects on her.

Judas

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

Ok Esmeralda,

time to drop the ghost and get some substance! You don't need to play victim to these disrespectful ingrates any longer! If they won't respect you, time to make them fear you! Now this may sound cruel---but I speak from personal experience as we all do on this board----feel the self-pity, wallow in it even, then leave it behind with a vengeance! The BEST way to prove to them how wrong they are is for you to go on to have a happy, productive, successful life without them! So do it! You have it in you---you are kind, caring, creative, smart---nothing holding you back but circumstance---and circumstance you can get a handle on and learn to control. Let them know how they screwed up--tell them all--loud and clear! Then cut them off. Time for some tough love/disfellowshipping of your very own! Who says they are the only ones who can excommunicate ones whose standards dont measure up to their own? Feel the pain, then feel the anger and use the anger to get the power! They crossed the line this time---don't let them do it again! You can do it! Some of us have, some of us are still doing it---if we can do it --you can! We are here to help you and support you all the way---if you still wanna be a ghost---well then hell girl---be a friggin poltergeist! Make them have nightmares! Haunt them!

Draw the line. Don't give in. Then go out and get yourself a real life and be happy! Talk about hot coals on their heads! There is absolutely no reason for YOU to be the one gnashing your teeth! They are dupes.

Luvya!

Ravyn

• Scully
    Scully

Essie.....

Please tell me that your daughter was NOT in on this ruse.... turning a child against their own mother is the lowest possible blow they could take.

Hugs to you

Love, Scully

• berylblue
    berylblue

Oh, Essie, this was lower than low..I am so sorry. Your anger is more than justified.

You are among friends. We do care. Write if you need.

[email protected]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit