I didn't think my JW family could find another way to hurt me but...

by Ghost of Esmeralda 73 Replies latest jw friends

• Ghost of Esmeralda
    Ghost of Esmeralda

no, my daughter didn't know about it. She couldn't have kept it from me, it's impossible. In fact, she cried tonight when she told me. She kept saying she was sorry that she didn't wear the dress I bought her. I told her not to worry, that I wasn't upset with her. She's only seven, for god's sake.

Apparently my sister and the bride are the only ones who did. They thought that if I knew, I'd keep her home from the wedding (damn straight! Or I'd have shown up and taken pictures at the back of the hall! this is MY CHILD!)

My mother, one of the few family members still speaking to me, just hung up on me. She thinks I have no right to be upset about this, declared she "doesn't care about any of you anymore." (her kids) and said that I'm "the one who's screwed up."

Then she hung up on me. Lovely.

I plan to tell my exhusband that if he allows my sister to have any contact with my child again, that his ass will be back in court so fast it'll make his head spin.

I have had enough of this (!&&!^Y!$. No more.

Believe me, Ravyn, I'm no weepy victim when it comes to this JW crap. I've been out of the Borg long enough to know how they operate. It's just that I tried to take the high road by letting her go, dressing her up, doing her hair, and all the while the bride and my sister had this planned.

They are going to know that I am not happy. Believe me. It'll get back to them.

~essie

still shocked, and very appreciative of everyone's remarks...

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Essie:

I'm sorry to hear about the despicable tactics of your JW relatives. What they did was disgraceful and you have every right to feel angry and upset.

Please consider the level of any future contact you allow between these people and your child. You see, this was a planned move on their part. It was a deliberate action behind your back to exclude you while trying to ingratiate themselves into your daughters affections. They wish her to start thinking that JW's are fun people to be around and that there must be something wrong with you for you to not be included. You may find that this is the beginning of a campaign to try and suck your daughter into the cult by dividing her affections. This is how the cult works on children: confuse and hurt, then take advantage.

Please be very careful. Do you really want people who demonstrate this utter hatred for familial relationships to have any influence in your daughter's life?

Best wishes,

Expatbrit

Delenda est Watchtower.

• Ghost of Esmeralda
    Ghost of Esmeralda
    Please be very careful. Do you really want people who demonstrate this utter hatred for familial relationships to have any influence in your daughter's life?

No way do I, expat. I will tell my ex that I will file a restraining order against my sister if she sets foot near my child. This is the end.

And if he lets my sister see her, I will take him back to court. No doubt. My sister does not have visitation rights with my child.

still speechless...

essie

• riz
    riz

Wow.

I would have said "Unbelievable," but these are jehovah's Witnesses you are dealing with. Unfortunately, despicable acts like the one they pulled on you are par for the course with the jehovah's Witnesses. (((((((((((Essie)))))))))))) I'm so glad that you plan on keeping your daughter away from these untrustworthy backstabbers.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I barely know what to say to this. For such deception on their part.

You might want your ex to know that he could lose his visitation if he knew about this and allowed it to happen. And he must have. If he was there he obviously had to hand her over to somebody to dress her up and send her down the aisle. What supreme selfishness. And how sad for your daughter to be caught up in the middle of it not wanting to disappoint anyone. He could lose her and make sure he knows it. Tell your lawyer. And let your ex know the lawyer knows and it is in the file.

arrrrrggggggggg

sorry Essie

• Seven
    Seven

{{{{{{{Essie}}}}}}}}

You've always taken the high road where your sister is concerned and this is how she repays you. She knew how badly this would hurt you. This was all about you. How hateful. :( My heart aches for you, hubby, and for the little one. Hey I love you ya know. Please take care of yourself and get your rest. Don't allow them to make your condition any worse. Call me anytime you need to vent.

Love ,

seven

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

How friggin horrible to be so deceitful you do have a right to be angry DON'T EVER LET THEM TELL YOU HOW TO FEEL. Just tell your daughter the truth that they LIED to you and that you are not upset at her but at the adults that should have known better

• Prisca
    Prisca

((((((Essie))))))))

My heart goes out to you. I can't believe how people could act like this.

But I know you are a strong woman, and you will get through this. Many warm hugs to you.

• Francois
    Francois

I suggest that you move your family to that point in the US that is geographically as far away from your family as you can get.

I've never figured out how come it's OK for JWs to treat the DFed members of their families like shit that they've just stepped in and now must clean off. It would be a cold, cold, day in hell before they saw my daughter again outside my presence and control. Very cold day.

francois

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

There are very few times when I use this word to describe someone, but in this case it is justified. That behaviour and the willful intent to decieve you is just evil.

There can be no way those actions could be justified as love or even an application of the shunning rule. It was just pure evil, done with the intent to hurt you and alienate your princess from you.

Even removing the religious aspect to all this, to intentionally deceive a mother about the goings on of her daughter is wrong. To deprive a mother the opportunity to see her daughter as a flower girl is just wrong. To allow you to spend the money on a new outfit is wrong.

There are few cases of evil in life. I am soooo sorry you had to experience one of them.

Luv ya Esmerelda (ghost or otherwise)

Uzzah

PS - The great part is that your daughter is so brilliant it is going to piss her off that her Aunt would intentionally hurt her mother by all this it will work against these sick jerks

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit