Now we have a Mary Trump book coming out ...

by RubaDub 66 Replies latest jw friends

• sir82
    sir82

I expect the QAnon folks to pop up here soon.

Woops! Look like they already have.

Carry on.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Whether you like a Trump or not, it does seem difficult to deny that he fits the description of a narcissistic personality. You could argue that narcissism may have its advantages in certain situations, but there are undoubtedly situations where it could prove very dangerous. Because if a narcissist has to choose between losing face or, say, killing a lot of people, then he will avoid losing face at all costs. Plus narcissists are such compulsive liars it is often not clear whether they any longer realise they are in fact lying, or whether their perception of reality has been entirely conformed to their own self-image.

• LV101
    LV101

What's convoluted about extra 747s hauling makeup/wigs/plus size wardrobe. At least it helped the unemployment numbers hiring 200 extra people to flat iron hair! I think his slogan about "Hope" is hilarious - more like 'Nope.' Most corrupt president in US history so carry on being a Trump hater - it's good for you.

I forgot to hit your 'Dislike' button - okay - DONE!

I recall more than one psychoanalyst discussing Barry's narcissistic personality. I'll take an intelligent businessman any day over a get rich/corrupt/marxist professional politician. Everything the left touches is a mess in this country.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard
    Whether you like a Trump or not, it does seem difficult to deny that he fits the description of a narcissistic personality ...[snip] ... Because if a narcissist has to choose between losing face or, say, killing a lot of people, then he will avoid losing face at all costs.

And when Iran shot down a US drone, and Trump was being pushed to retaliate to “save face”, he backed down. He said that it wasn’t worth killing anyone over a drone.

Sooooo, he is clearly the most dangerous man in the world.

• LV101
    LV101

Obama would have rewarded the Iranians extra loot but my all time fave is Clinton's terrorism on the aspirin plant in Sudan - best!

• LV101
    LV101

NO "QAnons" just liberals who like to think they're "Elites." Too bad you're so sure of your liberal ideology and afraid to get facts. No confederate flags and no pick-up trucks or SUVs, either. Only tiny smart cars. No history allowed/follow the rules - only what the left wishes.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Well you make a good point Mr Mustard. I don’t know the details of that incident with Iran, but if Trump backed down at a crucial moment then that’s reassuring. I’m not sure how it figures with everything else we know about Trump because there are a lot indications of Narcissistic personality.

I suspect that Trump could back down if it means America losing face, rather than him personally. He cares about his own reputation, not necessarily the country. On the other hand if a foreign leader were to blackmail Trump, for example, with some seriously compromising information, what would he do in that situation? That would be more worrying. China is playing hardball these days and they might try to pull a trick like this if they’re in a corner.

Bill Clinton was probably a psychopath of some sort too, to be able to lie and act as he did. But whatever psychopathy or sociopathy it was with Clinton, he displayed greater self awareness. Johnson, Nixon, Kennedy too—lots of really psychologically disturbed presidents to choose from. Actually from that list I’d probably trust Nixon the most.

Jimmy Carter was obviously the best president America ever had in terms of a normal balanced individual, with empathy and genuine intention to do good. But he only really got there by a fluke, and he sure wasn’t allowed a second term.

Some have argued that prospective presidents should have a psychological evaluation by professionals during the process with the results open to the public. Maybe it takes a psychopath to become a president, but a narcissistic psychopath of dubious intelligence seems to me like a particularly worrying combination of traits.

Edit: Actually I want to put a word in for Eisenhower too, he seems like he was a pretty decent guy as presidents go, and raised by a Bible Student/JW mother too. It didn’t seem to damage him much. I read the other day that Eisenhower recommended the book The True Believer by Eric Hoffer, an interesting recommendation given his background. I am reading the book now.

• matt
    matt

@rub

“Also, it would be interesting to continue this conversation in person after this COVID-19 thing is over and they allow visitors at your institution.”

No worries, you’re already in the institution, rub. This asylum has no walls, knows no borders. It’s a great big club. You only have to wear the uniform and speak “correct words of truth”. If you should be so daft as to want to get out, you first have to know that you’re in.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

No worries, you’re already in the institution, rub. This asylum has no walls, knows no borders ..... If you should be so daft as to want to get out, you first have to know that you’re in.

@matt ...

You make it sound like the words in the Eagles song, Hotel California: "You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave."

Yea. I get it. I think. BBL. I have to take my meds.

• matt
    matt

That’s a good song, rub. It was one of the two that resonated with me as I was leaving the jw club. The other was that Rod Stewart one, the line; “the principal would like to leave the stage...the crowd don’t understand.” That line would bring the mist to my eyes. I learned that song so I could play it (guitar) and sing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit