HELP needed from folks in UK, esp. in Scotland!

by WTS Archive 101 Replies latest jw friends

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

apologies if the above comes across as harsh. that was not my intention. my advice to this polish woman is to try and re start her business with whatever grant money she has left - the case as has been outlined is a non starter in my opinion.

• WTS Archive
    WTS Archive

Ruby456: The case is already ongoing and we'll see how the judge see's it. In my opinion she has a very strong case against them, but we both can just sit here and discuss, while it will be the judge who decides what happens :).

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo
    Will be an interesting read in the Telegraph for sure...I checked today but nothing.
  • Landy
    Landy

Which court is it being heard in?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

It seems to me WTS Archives, given your history and others who have been in contact with you, that there's little reason for you to exaggerate or make up things. But in your opinion, is it at all possible that the person who told you this story is less reliable? Still reserving judgment and waiting for details.

• WTS Archive
    WTS Archive

You have every reason to reserve judgement because while I can assure you I didn't exaggerate or made up anything, I was repeating what I was told. So there is room for error here, though I found this lady very believable with the backstory and all the details she gave me (which I didn't include in the original post because there were just too many).

One thing that I might got wrong though is the newspaper's name. She told me that it's the Telegraph so I assumed the nation-wide one, but later I found out that there is also the Evening Telegraph local newspaper in Dundee. At this point I don't know which is the one that will cover the story, but I suppose it's the local one unfortunately. Still good that this gets some coverage, but not as big as I hoped it to be.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

Judges don't normally become enraged in court , witnesses don,t normally spit in people,s faces outside court rooms

whoever has conveyed this info to you has obviously exaggerated

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Evening Telegraph in Dundee that would make sense. Did you talk to the woman on the phone or through emails? I guess it was in Polish. Forgive my joke earlier. We actually did have a Polish brother in our congregation. Others didn't get on with him so well but I liked him. And he really told me he found a Polish Remover bottle in the cupboard. I think he was making a joke. And he did move congregation. In other words it was actually true story.

JWs tend to be a close community. Do you know anyone who knows the woman a friend of a friend?

I'm curious about all these Polish JWs in Scotland it would be interesting to meet some.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

I'm curious about all these Polish JWs in Scotland it would be interesting to meet some.

I think you'll find a fair number were already JWs before moving to Scotland.

And remember there's apparently meant to be a historical ongoing relationship between the two countries

http://www.scotsman.com/heritage/people-places/scotland-and-poland-a-500-year-relationship-1-4081795

http://polishscottishheritage.co.uk/

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

WTS Archive:

The newspaper that will cover the story is either The Daily Telegraph or Sunday Telegraph (they've apparently didn't decide yesterday which one will take it).

slimboyfat:

Evening Telegraph in Dundee that would make sense

Does the Tele print on a Sunday?? Doesn't it just do a Saturday/Weekend edition?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit